Off Topic FUN WALLEYE DERBY AUG 7 2021 PORT BRUCE - IT'S A "GO" FOR SATURDAY

To all participants with this COVID stuff lets try to keep the social distancing feel free to wear masks our volunteers will be wearing them lets try to keep it safe for all prizes will be handed out we wont be doing the hand shaking just to be safe. After all fish are weighted in give us 15mins and we will get a leader board up for everyone to view and start handing out goodies we will do best we can to hand out quickly lunch will be available starting 1215pm don't wait till last minute to weight in as you know launches are busy play it safe give yourself lots of time don't want to have issues but scale closes 1230PM sharp NO EXCEPTION you got 5 good hrs of fishing remember the weights go by time scaled in if there are ties first come first serve and only bring one fish. My phone will be the official watch at scale... Please be patient tomorrow this is the first year ill get kinks worked out please be respectful to volunteers they are helping out don't need any issues. Don't forget about the raffle lets buy some tickets for the 2022 launch pass The Docks its a $200 value for $ 5.00 per ticket draw at 100PM. We now have prizes for top 14 teams WOW you have good odds to win something ONE prize per boat. Stomps and Channel 6-8 did an awesome job getting goodies for the derby big help Thanks to all and GOOD LUCK TOMORROW and BE SAFE we will be at pier and setup by 545am
Thanks for putting all this together, I'm sure it will go well and be a fun day. Feel free to pm if you need anything else.

And to add a bit of detail to @racattack 's mention of prizes:
  • 1st $675
  • 2nd $405
  • 3rd $270
  • 4th Angling Outfitters Home Hardware and Corner View Cafe prize package
  • 5th Angling Outfitters Home Hardware prize package
  • 6th $100 Gift Certificate from Xtreme Marine
  • 7th $100 Gift Certificate from Xtreme Marine
  • 8th Lure Prize Pack from Wackm Tackle (including Stomp’s Briefs)
  • 9th Lure Prize Pack from Great Lakes Spoons
  • 10th Lure Prize Pack from Wackm Tackle
  • 11th $50 Gift Certificate from Xtreme Marine
  • 12th $50 Gift Certificate from Xtreme Marine
  • 13th $25 Gift Certificate from Xtreme Marine
  • 14th $25 Gift Certificate from Xtreme Marine
  • 15th Erie Secrets Worm Harness Package
Captain's Bags furnished by Dr. Alex Dougley (@Chiro Alex) and Channel 6-8.

Wishing all Tight Lines and calm seas!

Last edited:
I cannot do refunds now everything is all set up prizes are in envelopes windfinder says less than a ft stanley bouy its not bad guys am sorry but its too late to back out foods ordered n paid for

dam even if storms come at 10am
3hours more than enough time to catch a fish

Posted Sunday as a rain day........Sunday looks way better.

Rain and heavy chop Saturday. Is Sunday not a option being it is supposed to be a way better day??

I don't put much faith in what Env Can or TWN say when it comes to deciding whether to go fishin or not because what they say is mostly for London, and what it does in London is almost never what it's doing at the lake. Of the sites I look at, the 3 I trust the most all say something different, but only 1 of them is calling for rain or storms of any kind tomorrow, so even though I'm not in the derby, I'm not changing my plans and I'll be on the pier in the morning around 8:30. (I'd be there when I normally go to see everyone off if I didn't have to wait for my son to get a day license since he didn't bother to renew his annual license or OC this year) I should be there still when people start coming back in and might even take a break from fishin to make an appearance at the weigh in location.

This is why alot of events dont happen people already saying why its not postphoned am trying to make everyone happy catch a big fish n come in no one says you have top fish till anytime remember only one fish counts

CTV news just said DON'T cancel your plans, the highest probability of rain/storms isn't until after 2pm tomorrow and they're going to come and go quickly if/when they happen, but again that's the London forecast, and what it does here in London experience tells me is not necessarily what its doing at the lake.

This is why alot of events dont happen people already saying why its not postphoned am trying to make everyone happy catch a big fish n come in no one says you have top fish till anytime remember only one fish counts
I’m not a rough weather kind of guy, but I understand it’s all set in place and I will try in the morning if too rough so be it, I’ll come back and socialize with the guys.
and I’m staying in a motel tonight.
So thank you for organizing this and the prizes, is what it is can’t control the weather

Slancy hates it when it’s rough
Plan is to do a loop catch a fish or two and come back
If it’s nice I troll around until 10

I don't put much faith in what Env Can or TWN say when it comes to deciding whether to go fishin or not because what they say is mostly for London, and what it does in London is almost never what it's doing at the lake. Of the sites I look at, the 3 I trust the most all say something different, but only 1 of them is calling for rain or storms of any kind tomorrow, so even though I'm not in the derby, I'm not changing my plans and I'll be on the pier in the morning around 8:30. (I'd be there when I normally go to see everyone off if I didn't have to wait for my son to get a day license since he didn't bother to renew his annual license or OC this year) I should be there still when people start coming back in and might even take a break from fishin to make an appearance at the weigh in location.
If it's storming tomorrow, blame @Trevor M :LOL:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks