Off Topic FUN WALLEYE DERBY AUG 7 2021 PORT BRUCE - IT'S A "GO" FOR SATURDAY

If it's storming tomorrow, blame @Trevor M :LOL:
Blame me all you want, I'll be sittin on the pier (in rain gear if I must) Env Canada said that we were getting a thunderstorm with heavy rain a little over 2 hours ago. I never heard any thunder, didn't see any lightning, and while yes it was raining, it wasn't heavy. I didn't even get wet enough to be uncomfortable while I was out finishing up the errands I had to run today which included standing out there in it putting gas in the car.:ROFLMAO:

Blame me all you want, I'll be sittin on the pier (in rain gear if I must) Env Canada said that we were getting a thunderstorm with heavy rain a little over 2 hours ago. I never heard any thunder, didn't see any lightning, and while yes it was raining, it wasn't heavy. I didn't even get wet enough to be uncomfortable while I was out finishing up the errands I had to run today which included standing out there in it putting gas in the car.:ROFLMAO:
That’s the problem with the pop up storms
Watch the radar all you want by the time you see it on there it’s already on top of you lol
Just don’t venture too far

Slancy hates it when it’s rough
Plan is to do a loop catch a fish or two and come back
If it’s nice I troll around until 10
Well, if it gets to rough for her liking, you just pull up alongside me on the pier and she can sit with my son, (or beat him with his own fishing rod or throw him in the lake if she feels the need to do so) and I'll go out with ya for one fish. :ROFLMAO:

Well, if it gets to rough for her liking, you just pull up alongside me on the pier and she can sit with my son, (or beat him with his own fishing rod or throw him in the lake if she feels the need to do so) and I'll go out with ya for one fish. :ROFLMAO:
Sounds good lol

Blame me all you want
Michael Buble Check GIF by bubly

Weather is always a crap shoot, isn't it? Marine forecast issued at 6:30 by Environment Canada doesn't look too bad.

1628292316649.png

Last edited:
Michael Buble Check GIF by bubly

Weather is always a crap shoot, isn't it? Marine forecase issued at 6:30 by Environment Canada doesn't look too bad.
Yep that's why whenever I'm planning to go fishing, no matter what any of the sites I look at might say, what decides whether I go or not is when I look out the window. I use the weather forecasts as a guide, but I trust what my eyes see and what my body is telling me when they say we might be getting some nasty weather. In general, the more I hurt, the more accurate they are and I usually start to feel it the day before, 2 if they're saying it's supposed to be 'bad." At the moment, I'm not hurting any more than I normally do.

Hah, no worries Derek....its all good. Was just making fun of ya. It actually takes me 40-45 min to get out...so...I got tons of time. HAH.

King Joe Outa Here!
Just got back from a drive down to bruce to check where the launches and things were, lake looked good just a nice walleye chop. Hopefully it lasts….

Perfect weather for a derby. We had a great day. Ended up keeping 16 today. I've been doing very well with the 8 color off the boards with a jointed bomber,fire tiger.

Attachments

• 20210807_081844.jpg
    20210807_081844.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20210807_081903.jpg
    20210807_081903.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210807_103227.jpg
    20210807_103227.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210807_103230.jpg
    20210807_103230.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210807_131742.jpg
    20210807_131742.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210807_143253.jpg
    20210807_143253.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 74
Nice box @rewired and congrats on the prize! We seemed pretty busy 8-10 but couldn't put hooks into a lunker. Nice consolations though were: the well-run event, the fantastic weather, awesome prizes and the mess of nice eating-size walleye I just finished cleaning. The one time we were looking for the big one from down deep... and nada...

Oh - and a final "Fun Derby" bonus... only 1 sheepie!

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks