Off Topic Fish'n Canada has started a petition to ban fishing in Ontario.

Ok you folks stay home and let the rest of us get back out there so future generations won’t live in poverty. This isn’t all about fishing it’s just math I’m not sure you have the capacity to understand . Ps it’s empowers and through

Well I have done my best to stay out of this yes I have my options and I will let it guide my choices. Please post the math so I can understand how future generations will be in poverty over us waiting a appropriate amount of time to go fishing. My boat is cleaned serviced and ready to go when it is time ALL family and friends agree with this decision and we are all ready to go at a safe time

No the money comes out of all of are pockets I know very well how it works my friends and I also work are butts off to have what we have so we wait and take care of are families the best we can

No the money comes out of all of are pockets I know very well how it works my friends and I also work are butts off to have what we have so we wait and take care of are families the best we can

That’s what I’m saying . The best I can care for my family is going to my job. Not being sequestered to my home relying on Mommy and Daddy government for scraps

That’s what I’m saying . The best I can care for my family is going to my job. Not being sequestered to my home relying on Mommy and Daddy government for scraps
I see your point @Ramrod . At this point people do need financial help and the government at least acknowledge it and making afforts on it for employees
For the small businesses they offer loans but unfortunately that's not going to work for many to see this through
The big question is how long before we can get back to work ? And never mind laying out timeframes for normal life returning
So how long can the Country afford financial help to its citizens? As you said you cant just print it and all good , all these money are borrowed on paper and will have to be payedback with interest
The government needs to put out less information regarding hand washing and distancing we all got it , even the slow ones
I want to see ideas/ plans on the future, how are we going to restart the economy, how we are going to make it safe for the workers who cant work from home or separated offices, how are we going to protect ourselves from a possible second case if its happens, how going to handle future travel so this won't happen at this scale again
The time is already here and ticking to get this done ,
I'm missing fishing like every one else and perhaps have different views too , unfortunately some can't handle stress as well as others " and I'm not pointing fingers at you @Ramrod " that person knows who they are
Stay healthy stay safe

I see a lot of discussion about how you should or shouldn't be permitted to go launch your boat and go fishing. Some think it should be allowed, others don't.

What about those of us who don't own a boat and because of disabilities can't go just anywhere, ie a river bank out in the middle of nowhere, but rather we go sit on piers. Well, we can't do that right now because they're all off limits and we could get a ticket for doing so.

So, what would your thoughts and suggestions be for those of us who don't own a boat, and can't go just anywhere IF you were permitted to launch your boat, but we could still get a ticket for sitting on a pier to do the same thing you're being permitted to do, which is go fishing with the same risks at the launch that we would face sitting on a pier IF they were open?

Now having asked that, I know some of you will have the "to bad, so sad, sucks to be you" attitude about that, in fact I expect some responses to be exactly that kind of a response...(sorry if knowing and expecting that takes away some of your fun) ...I also know there will be others who will have an attitude that says, "oh yeah, forgot about people who don't own a boat but love fishing as much as I do."

BTW I did NOT sign the petition. Didn't even read it. Don't watch the show so why read it when I know I wasn't gonna sign it anyways.

I doubted you would sign it, not your style, Ive got you figured for a live and let live kinda guy for the most part as long as it doesn't interfere with what you have going on.

If this stuff gets figured out this summer and it is safe to do so, I would be happy to take you out on my boat for a morning of fishing. I live up near Kettle Point but i make the trip down to Port Glasgow a dozen or so times a summer.
I wasn't really thinking about shore or pier fishing in all this, but for sure, the piers should open up, along with the beaches, again we need to be responsible and keep our distance but when fishing no one should be within 2m of you anyhow. It just goes back to common sense, and if people don't have it then they should be fined, but punishing everyone for the actions of a few is what really gets me riled up.
I've made this point before, they close everything because its easier to control the herd then it is to police individuals. And that is just lazy imho.

Did you come up with your name calling all on your own? Pandemic happening and sliding in the C powers you? The amount of elderly that may die, are my folks and friends, they made this country, they fought and died in war's, paid their tax's, did what was asked of them, but you can't go fishing, pay what you can, go blow your nose, suck it up, we'll all get threw this.
Just to point out you did the same there....or did you forget ? Holes have been blasted through your logic over and over.. no excuse for name calling and it's all a valid debate.. good thing Ford said we can fish .....and go to the dollar store ....

Just to point out you did the same there....or did you forget ? Holes have been blasted through your logic over and over.. no excuse for name calling and it's all a valid debate.. good thing Ford said we can fish .....and go to the dollar store ....

I was just acting like a little Whiny bitch. Little whiny bitches get U’s and A’s confused while typing ??‍♂️

Ive got you figured for a live and let live kinda guy for the most part as long as it doesn't interfere with what you have going on.

If this stuff gets figured out this summer and it is safe to do so, I would be happy to take you out on my boat for a morning of fishing.

Thanks for that. I don't really ever have anything going on to be interfered with. :LOL: All this stuff about not being able to do this, or not being able to do that......to me....that's my every day normal life. There are a lot of things I used to take for granted that I simply cannot do anymore and I'm always home more than I'm not.

In fact from October through to usually now (or what I refer to as being Hockey season) as I've said in other threads, I rarely leave the house unless it's running an errand and then I'm home again as soon as I've done what I left the house to do. Be that groceries or laundry. The only other times I might leave the house, is if there is a family gathering taking place, or my wife and I have plans. (Plans I usually don't know about until she tells me :LOL: )

In spring/summer/early fall (or what I refer to as being fishing season) the only difference is at least once a week I'll go fishing weather permitting. But again, staying home more than I leave it is my every day normal. Once you get used to it, it's really not all that difficult. It sucks, but it's not difficult and like any other unexpected inconvenience, ie a train that stops when you're in a hurry and already late for something, it really all depends on how you choose to look at it. If you choose to let it frustrate you. It will. If you choose to look at it as being a negative, then it will be a negative experience, an inconvenience you weren't expecting.

But if you choose to look at it from a different perspective, that you didn't need to be in a hurry, and you aren't going to be late. You'll get there when you get there, and you'll have arrived safely. Then that's a positive. It all depends on how you look at things.

It's always easier to find the negatives of an event. It's not always easy to look beyond the negatives and find the positives, and they are there. You just have to look a little harder to find them. Some quote Forrest Gump and say "life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get."

I say life is like a game of poker. You win or lose the game depending on how you play the hand(s) you've been dealt. You're not always going to get a great unbeatable hand. Sometimes you have to fold a hand to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone here has lost focus on the situation on hand, no matter who said what or who did what, we as Canadians have to do our part to rid of us with this pandemic!!!!!! Whether it's HAVING to go to work to support your family or as a front liner sacrificing your time and family for our future,,,, we all have to come together and fight this as one...I am an avid fisherman, my boat is as clean as it has ever been and waiting for approval to launch,,,,I can wait to fish,, I am getting a little flustered though(I must admit it just like the rest of us) I watched the special last nite "Together at Home" and it was amazing to have so much support from around the world from all sorts of different people,, brought misty eyes a few times...The Rolling Stones were awesome!.... So lets all get together and fight this as ONE....BE STRONG AND SAFE!!!! Do whatever you can,,,,

Ok you folks stay home and let the rest of us get back out there so future generations won’t live in povertiy. This isn’t all about fishing it’s just math I’m not sure you have the capacity to understand . Ps it’s empowers and through
I don't see any place they have stopped you from fishing just buy a boat ramp it's that easy.as for the people who need to fish for food I don't think anyone would believe that when you drive your truck and pull your boat ,we all know it's cheaper to buy fish then catch them

I see a lot of discussion about how you should or shouldn't be permitted to go launch your boat and go fishing. Some think it should be allowed, others don't.

What about those of us who don't own a boat and because of disabilities can't go just anywhere, ie a river bank out in the middle of nowhere, but rather we go sit on piers. Well, we can't do that right now because they're all off limits and we could get a ticket for doing so.

So, what would your thoughts and suggestions be for those of us who don't own a boat, and can't go just anywhere IF you were permitted to launch your boat, but we could still get a ticket for sitting on a pier to do the same thing you're being permitted to do, which is go fishing with the same risks at the launch that we would face sitting on a pier IF they were open?

Now having asked that, I know some of you will have the "to bad, so sad, sucks to be you" attitude about that, in fact I expect some responses to be exactly that kind of a response...(sorry if knowing and expecting that takes away some of your fun) ...I also know there will be others who will have an attitude that says, "oh yeah, forgot about people who don't own a boat but love fishing as much as I do."

BTW I did NOT sign the petition. Didn't even read it. Don't watch the show so why read it when I know I wasn't gonna sign it anyways.
@Trevor M My beautiful 27 year old daughter has suffered from arthritis virtually all her life. With that, holding a rod for long periods of time is impossible and walking the bush isn't even a thought. Every Fathers Day we go fishing, somehow. We "bridge and culvert hop". It's not always the most productive day but we still get to enjoy being on the water together. Just a thought.

Edit: PS. If you have a disability parking permit you don't need a license to fish so don't waste your money.

Last edited:
@Trevor M My beautiful 27 year old daughter has suffered from arthritis virtually all her life. With that, holding a rod for long periods of time is impossible and walking the bush isn't even a thought. Every Fathers Day we go fishing, somehow. We "bridge and culvert hop". It's not always the most productive day but we still get to enjoy being on the water together. Just a thought.
Thinking im going culvert hopping on opener the otter will be busyer than ever. And im afraid of getting shot out in the country. Best of luck to you next weekend!

Edit: PS. If you have a disability parking permit you don't need a license to fish so don't waste your money.

Like I said, there's a lot of things I used to take for granted that I can't do anymore. Walking the bush, standing on a river bank, fall into that list along with a lot of other things. I usually go fishing once a week starting in early May.(Won't be doing that this year) Sometimes not that often. It depends on the weather and how I'm feeling. Used to be able to go pretty much when ever I wasn't working and I could be there all day, from sun up to sun down. I can't do that now.

I don't have a disability parking permit. I changed doctors last year to one closer to home who is more willing to listen to me about what's going on than the one I had. (who didn't want to listen to me at all and I could rarely get in to see.) We haven't discussed it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks