Off Topic Fish'n Canada has started a petition to ban fishing in Ontario.

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)

Does anyone know if they have sponsors? The way to send a clear message here is to contact their sponsors and have them set Ang straight.

What a bunch of traitors.

Some people are calling for a boycott of their supporters/sponsors? I don't watch the show... anyone know who sponsors them?

Wonder how many of you read his entire post or are just reacting to the Headline. In my opinion he makes some valid points. Read the entire post then react! Living in Brantford I think it would be disturbing to see 50 or so people fishing shoulder to shoulder on Whiteman"s Creek for the opener. I want to get out there as much as any of you but we must be patient!

Last edited:
Wonder how many of you read his entire post or are just reacting to the Headline. In my opinion he makes some valid points. Read the entire post then react! Living in Brantford I think it would be disturbing to see 50 or so people fishing shoulder to shoulder on Whiteman"s Creek for the opener. I want to get out there as much as any of you but we must be patient!
That does not give them the right to take away fishing from everyone in Ontario. That is a municipal matter and should be taken up with them.

No worse than 150 shoulder to shoulder at the dollar storeb buying chocolate Easter bunnies.....practice common sense and distancing.. still can't believe we have to preach this to some...

Well I don't live in London but it is the city I would go for groceries on a big shop...

Below is an excerpt from the same LFP article.

LFP photojournalist Mike Hensen replicated the photo that bounced around social media – and it looked like Londoners were ignoring social-distancing rules and instead bunching together, and Costco wasn’t doing much about it. Then, however, Hensen shot the line-up from a different angle. Here are his two photos together:

lfp20200407mh006small.jpg

We attempted the same photo outside a London Costco, which sparked viral anger over people apparently ignoring social-distancing rules. Then we shot the same line, from a slightly different angle. (Mike Hensen/The London Free Press)

Looks to be about the spacing you’d get fishing. All good to go then!
Thanks for your help.

Below is an excerpt from the same LFP article.

LFP photojournalist Mike Hensen replicated the photo that bounced around social media – and it looked like Londoners were ignoring social-distancing rules and instead bunching together, and Costco wasn’t doing much about it. Then, however, Hensen shot the line-up from a different angle. Here are his two photos together:

lfp20200407mh006small.jpg

We attempted the same photo outside a London Costco, which sparked viral anger over people apparently ignoring social-distancing rules. Then we shot the same line, from a slightly different angle. (Mike Hensen/The London Free Press)

150 shoulder to shoulder at the Dollarstore? What city do you live in?
The lineups Mondsy around town were incredible. Food basics was easily 100. Walmart no idea 80 to 120. Dollar drama same and its next to wal mart ... point is they will allow you to use judgement to go to dollar store but not catch a fish for dinner ...

Zehrs in Kitchener south has been reasonable... Once had 20-30 people line up but that's it. The store has arrows telling how to move in order to minimize interaction but still, by the time you make it to the cashier, you pass by around 50 people to get a few fish from the fish counter.

You guys just never stop do you, groceries stores to dollar stores, Lib's vrs Conserv. Trump or Trudeau, somebody did this, why can't I? So wait for it?? Whiny little bitches, please rely on more than late night AM radio, Fox news, or CNN? And please don't quoat me back on who made mistakes or who was wrong, kinda think that this may happen during a F-ing Pandemic?
At a time when Grandparents, old folks home's are stacking bodies. Police and Nurses are dropping, Bus driver's and Grocery store clerk's, all public service and so many other's, are sleeping in their cars to protect their families. Risking their lives.
You can't go fishing, feel so bad for you butter-cup

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks