Search results

1. IamMoe

Fish hawk users?

Transducer is a 30° so I can see more fish suspended. Sometimes I can see my dipsys.
  2. IamMoe

Fish hawk users?

How's many people here run a fish hawk when targeting walleye on erie? I have been debating getting one but worried it would be a waste of money. I already upgraded my transducer to a tm165hw but was considering a fish hawk. Thoughts?
  3. IamMoe

Opinions on USA boats

I have a 23' walkaround we bought in Florida back when the dollar was even. We use it on Erie and still tow it to Florida and use it in saltwater with no issues. When in Florida we flush the engine after every use that's it.
  4. IamMoe

I am looking forward to trying out a Chamberlain Release

I use mine with 15lb sharks for the last few years without any problems
  5. IamMoe

Wiarton salmon fishing

I am staying with my wife's grandparents are in Elmwood so it's not that far away. I'm always looking for a good breakfast place! I have fished Owen sound before but with little luck so I figured we would try colpoys bay.
  6. IamMoe

Wiarton salmon fishing

Awesome thanks!
  7. IamMoe

Wiarton salmon fishing

Thank you for the replys. Best info so far. I seems like everyone who fishes there often are pretty tight lipped when it comes to info up there. Is there a lot of parking in oxendon? Could I launch a 23'walkaround there?
  8. IamMoe

Wiarton salmon fishing

Anybody here ever fish colpoys bay for salmon? I'm heading up to wash some lures hoping to catch the Owen sound salmon spectacular winner and any advice would be great. I heard long leads and flurocarbon is a must off riggers but that's about it. Any help would be appreciated.
  9. IamMoe

Downrigger release

Technically all releases are "hook setting" devices once you load your rod up. Fish pulls the line out of the release and the rod sets the hook. Same principal but the chamberlain is adjustable. There is a magnet in the bottom with a screw adjustment to move the magnet closer or farther to...
  10. IamMoe

Downrigger release

I was just reading a post and and wanted to share something that might be helpful. I read that they check there downrigger often to reel in small walleye that aren't tripping the clip. I recently purchased 2 chamberlain releases. I bought these cause I was having the same problem with small...
  11. IamMoe

Kid friendly perch setup

I use Aberdeen hooks. I tie a 1/2 oz sinker on the bottom and then 2 hooks about 12" apart using a Palomar knot directly to your main line. With Aberdeen hooks they stick straight out. Kinda like a pickeral rig but without the extra 8" of line sticking out. My nephew never tangles this setup.
  12. IamMoe

Sunglasses?

Put me down for Maui Jim's! I own 4 pair the same!
  13. IamMoe

Burwell 7 to 9

How's the Waves?
  14. IamMoe

Port Burwell Sunday afternoon

I had my mom in the boat and she was not the best but she held in there! 56-57 fow did all the damage joe1984
  15. IamMoe

Port Burwell Sunday afternoon

What's there to say but omg! Got a 5 person limit in just under 3 hours only running 4 rods! Couldn't get any more in! Just finished a big fish dinner with the family and some friends. Looks I might need to head down in the morning! All fish were caught on ripplin red fins didn't matter the...
  16. IamMoe

Fishing Report Port Burwell Live with the ladies

Great job! I think I saw you heading out. We're you on a boat called tailfeathers? If so we passed each other in the canal in burwell.
  17. IamMoe

Port Burwell Sunday 23

Went out around 5 last night and came in at 8:30 pm. 56 fow anything shiny caught fish with the biggest 5 lbs. Hooked 20 kept 10 walleye and one 8 lbs bow. Lures set between 30-45 foot down. Leadcore, dipsy and riggers all caught fish.
  18. IamMoe

Fishing Report burwell this am

On my way!
  19. IamMoe

Okuma dead eye

Wondering if anyone uses these Rods for planer boards. I'm looking to upgrade at least 4 rods and reels and have chosen the reels but confused about the rods. If you use a different trolling rod for your planer boards let me know i would like any opinions. Thanks
  20. IamMoe

Kicker Motors!

I have a Yamaha t8 on my 23' walkaround. I second getting a high thrust model. This little 8 hp pushing my boat up to 6 mph and I can slow it below 1 mph. Charging system is a must, always keeps one battery fully charged.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks