Burwell 7 to 9

Today was the most effective day for my wife and I. We hit the limit in two hours as well.From 8 to 10. I didn't have the chance to use two rods per person. Both rod used dipoles. One greasy chicken and one was ripplin redfins. Same efectivness. Straight ahead from Port Burwell in 53 to 60 fow. 4 km/h, lines 120 and 100 ft out. Long waves, but manageable. Thanks everybody for the input during the years. Great info, helped me a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_20170807_1039283.jpg
    IMG_20170807_1039283.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 87
Same here with a later shift. 9-1, 20 fish landed, 12 in the livewell. Beauty day out there to boot!

Same report,,8-10..one man ticket filled. Seemed to bigger fish today so culled threw some smaller fish. 57 FOW south of Burwell dipsey's with greasy chicken wing NK 28 # 3 setting 150-160 feet back.

Hey @tailfeathers ... learned some new tricks out there from you and @Mickey Finn. For years, I had been using a net the wrong way! The rare time I caught a fish, I always put the fish inside the net. Now I know that the proper way is to hook the lure and fish on the outside of the net. That gets rid of the problem of the fish getting tangled in the net. In fact, it often gets rid of the problem of having to clean the fish, because the fish falls harmlessly back into the water.

Hey @tailfeathers ... learned some new tricks out there from you and @Mickey Finn. For years, I had been using a net the wrong way! The rare time I caught a fish, I always put the fish inside the net. Now I know that the proper way is to hook the lure and fish on the outside of the net. That gets rid of the problem of the fish getting tangled in the net. In fact, it often gets rid of the problem of having to clean the fish, because the fish falls harmlessly back into the water.
That took years of practice and multiple large fish it works best with really large fish.Your friends will be in awe once you master it and the fish hits the floor in the boat not the water in the lake lol.

Lots of reports of good catches. When winter comes and things get cold will there be any Walters left out there???:LOL::LOL::LOL::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)o_Oo_O(y)

IMG_1092.JPG We got our 3 man limit then went after some perch
Brought home 70 nice perch as well
My son caught a large eye perch fishing so we tossed one of the other small walleye back
Thank goodness the live well works good !
Really enjoy using our minn Kota with the auto pilot for steering the beast while we troll !

Last edited:
View attachment 5925 We got our 3 man limit then went after some perch
Brought home 70 nice perch as well
My son caught a large eye perch fishing so we tossed one of the other small walleye back
Thank goodness the live well works good !
Really enjoy using our minn Kota with the auto pilot for steering the beast while we troll !
Hey misty where did u find the perch???

ive had those issues myself stomp.haha

Back