Search results

1. Finally Fishing

Crystal Beach or Pt Colborne Perch ?

I have been out of the water all summer dealing with personal matters. My freezer is empty and I really would like a few perch dinners. Is there anything happening down in the east end of Erie as far as perch go? I am hoping Friday morning to get back into the swing of things. Maybe Pt...
  2. Finally Fishing

Do you add meat to your baits?

I have been in the habit of adding some northern sirloin (worms) to my body baits for trolling in Erie. I was just wondering what your habits were. Drag them naked? Add a small piece ? Or hook the whole worm and drag it along?
  3. Finally Fishing

Pigeon Lake Musky

I just had to brag..... fish of a life time for me. 45" musky on 10 lb test, 6' bait caster. https://flic.kr/p/uXhi8m IMG_20150625_141933 by Kevin Fairhurst, on Flickr
  4. Finally Fishing

The making of a politician.

A man buys a horse from a farmer for $500.00. The next day the farmer calls him and tells him the horse had died. " That's okay, just give me back my $500.00". The farmer explains he can't because he has already spent the money. "Deliver the dead horse then" the man requests. "What are you going...
  5. Finally Fishing

Lake Ontario April 12

Was a good morning. 2 Rainbow and 2 browns. 12-15 fow. Out of Port Dalhousie then headed west.
  6. Finally Fishing

Port Colborne perch

Just got back in from PC. Was a great morning. Brought home about 50 perch, largest 15 inches, 6-7 14 inch and lots of healthy jacks. There were about 25 boats out there. If that's the end of the season, it was a great way to wrap it up.
  7. Finally Fishing

Any Wallys left lurking around the elbow?

I was snooping around other forums and they claim wally days are over....say it ain't so......I only have one left to feed 4 of us.
  8. Finally Fishing

Where to launch for the elbow?

Hi guys, where is the best place to launch when fishing the elbow? I will be coming from Hamilton.
  9. Finally Fishing

Do you bleed out your catch?

I have read a bit about some guys bleeding out their catch. I have never tried it but I would if it makes things better at fillet time. Where do you cut to get the best bleed?
  10. Finally Fishing

Commercial Trollers

We were out from Nanticoke today in about 60 fow near the elbow and there were 8 commercial boats dragging nets. We kept our distance but trolled along beside for a bit. They seemed to be doing one big circle, kind of like dolphins rounding up the bait fish. I assume they are fishing for perch...
  11. Finally Fishing

If all fishing was this easy.

Think of the money we would save if fishing was this early. https://vid.me/QNB
  12. Finally Fishing

Question about new down riggers

Hi guys, I am going to buy 2 riggers for my boat. I had cannon manuals years ago but I want electric now. Which is better? Scotty or Cannon or Big Jon ?? Thanks in advance.
  13. Finally Fishing

Port Dover

I met an old buddy today from Port Dover. He tells me they are catching jumbos off the pier and the rocks by the marina. Anyone been to Dover lately?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks