Search results

1. G-man

Between Hard Water and Launching the Boat is a Sweet time of year...

I've had a good run but shut it down already. I've got about 200 gal of sap but can't boil it down fast enough in this old heap!!
  2. G-man

Who says the bay is dead!

I went from st Williams. It was a tough go driving out there. On the way in I managed to get my 700 artic cat hung up,45 min later I was able to dig er out by hand and be on my way. I think there is a trail out to the 1st group of huts but I was out way further. I was not dragging a hut neither...
  3. G-man

Who says the bay is dead!

So I got out this morn at 9:30. By 11 lost two buckshots,3 pike lost a nd had a small muskey hangin around fur a bit,only one perch . So at 12 I moved. Bite started at 1 and got my other 49 perch between 1-3:30. When I left u could bearly see the bottom for fish.1st time I saw a school like that...
  4. G-man

Portable ice hut clam Style question

I have a clam 2000(suit case style).ive had great luck with it so far. It's held up in some pretty strong winds out there. What I ended up doing is drilling a couple of holes in the base and use cork screws to hold it down. G.mech is that big suit case one urs? I've been looking for a bigger one...
  5. G-man

st williams

Went out Sunday morning for 4 hours with the little g-man. Fishing wasn't that great but ended up with 16 good ones and 1 rock bass that my boy insisted we keep. Got a nice meal for supper.
  6. G-man

how far ?

Just to be clear I never intended to write that I was going to tie my son to a sled I posted the message from my iPhone and I wrote pull and it auto corrected it to tie
  7. G-man

Refilling 1 Lb propane tank

http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F276172-Propane-Adapter/dp/B000AMC5WO. Was just looking on the net and found this hope the link works. It says Canada restricted on the add so u must have to get it in the states.
  8. G-man

how far ?

Ha ha I ment take him on a sled friggin auto correct!!
  9. G-man

how far ?

From st Williams side it a good 30 min plus u will have to park at the top of the hill so add ten min. I was thinking of walking with my lad and I was gonna pull him on a sled just a thought
  10. G-man

tear in my clam shelter

I had mice chew mine too. I just used tuck tape(the red stuff) looks like hell but does the trick if u want a cheep easy fix
  11. G-man

Saturday at at willys

Finally got out with my little G-man on sat. No suprise get him in the hut and the big fish came all day. Never got our limit but ended up with 51.
  12. G-man

St willys sunday

Also the bite was steady today. Got most of my fish between 9-11:30
  13. G-man

St willys sunday

There were some sleds out today. In my opinion I would say for sure I was on over 6" of ice and the whole bay is all clear blue ice. Because it all froze at the same time and it's been so cold with no warm weather I highly doubt u will find any soft spots. To be quite honest after walking for a...
  14. G-man

St willys sunday

Finally got out on Sunday. The ice was great and fishing was just as good. Ended up fishing from 8am-3:30pm and got my limit. No jumbos but most fish were between 8-10". Had a few small ones mixed in from the start of the day that I kept so I could have a meal for sure! I'm sure if the ice was...
  15. G-man

Ice Conditions

I went out about half a km yesterday drilling holes all the way. There was 3-1/2-4" of clear blue all the way. Was gonna try it out today but school was cancelled so I turned into a babysitter instead. Oh we'll probably better not to risk the thinner ice for a meal.
  16. G-man

Best setup for Ice Fishing Pike

Ya Fish Farmer the only time I seem to catch anything worth talking about is when I take him!!
  17. G-man

Best setup for Ice Fishing Pike

I was out in the am from 9 untill around 1pm and 3 of us managed around 35. My son caught a few nice jumbos but the rest weren't nothin to write home about. Oh well nice day to be out. I was out of st willys and when I came in I followed the outfitters they were goin around the crack way west...
  18. G-man

Fishing report march 7th

Ya it was non stop all day I did talk to a guy about 150 yards from me he said he only had 5. Guess he shoulda brought a five year old good luck charm!!!!
  19. G-man

Fishing report march 7th

Best day I ever had ice fishing on the bay. Headed out around 9am with a little direction from grangers on where to head. Set up and my lad had a 12" in the hut before I could get a minnow on mine. Bite was non stop all day. Ran out of minnows when we had around 80 caught the rest on perch eyes...
  20. G-man

HOW'S THE ICE

Thanks for the report I don't use face book neither any one got anything out of st willys??
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks