Best setup for Ice Fishing Pike

twodogs

Just wondering if anyone targets pike ice fishing on the bay, or are they mainly incidental catches. Any suggestions on the best setup for targeting these pre-spawn pike.
Thanks

Just wondering if anyone targets pike ice fishing on the bay, or are they mainly incidental catches. Any suggestions on the best setup for targeting these pre-spawn pike.
Thanks
@twodogs follow me this spring and I will show you how its done at the Bluffs. As soon as this ice is out (April):( I will be hitting them:D @stomp has his seat reserved(y)

@ Three Bouys that sounds like a plan Jim. My grandson has really got into pike fishing but has never got a big one yet. This might be a good opportunity for him. We are going to try some perch fishing tomorrow, and that's why I was asking about the pike.

Last edited:
Just got off the ice with lots of water on top. 2 dink Perch for the afternoon.
Talk to guys back on shore and nada Perch caught. Watch the crack, if you have a machine, go west.

Fish Farmer I can`t believe your Fishing report,and other guys having no luck also that you said that you talked to back on shore.:mad: I was anticipating on heading out this week, and now I am second guessing. Lots of water on top would make it slicker for walking, so wearing cleats is likely a Must for sure. It is suppose to get a bit Colder again this week, so I will do the Wait & See on how the Ice Conditions will turn out. Best of Luck to anyone Angling the Bay.:cool:

I was out in the am from 9 untill around 1pm and 3 of us managed around 35. My son caught a few nice jumbos but the rest weren't nothin to write home about. Oh well nice day to be out. I was out of st willys and when I came in I followed the outfitters they were goin around the crack way west. It was on good shape when I came through but who knows what the warm weather in the next few day will do.

I got a late start because I had to get some welding done on my ATV trailer at my buddy's place in Jarvis. We got on ice around 1 PM. We walked out to the crack and fished in front of Booths (north shore)
Gman, we must have just missed each other, I'll have to talk to your little guy and get some pointers.:)
We talked to 4 Amish guys that were out all day and caught maybe 10, they were way out passed the crack near the huts.
I think I'm going to fish Leander or pier 4 today Hamilton harbor for a few hours.
While we were out yesterday at St Williams we saw a hut with wheels on a frame, what a great idea, we were giving it a good look over, great engineering.
Should have taken a picture. Gave me some idea's

I lived in Minnesota for a few years and there were many lakes in the area with lots of easy access. Many of the people there had their huts mounted on wheels. They could pull them down the highway and when they got to their fishing spot they could lower them onto the ice. They were very useful setups for mobility especially from lake to lake

Ya Fish Farmer the only time I seem to catch anything worth talking about is when I take him!!

Back