Search results

1. R

London and Ancaster tackle swaps

For anyone wondering the dates for the London tackle swap is Saturday February 23, at the Western fish and game club on Southdale Rd., and the Ancaster tackle swap is March 23, at the Ancaster fairgrounds. Hope to see everyone at these great shows.
  2. R

Fishing tackle show-Dorchester-October 21

Hi Tcat. This was the first year for the event. It was a small event, with only 7 dealers and about 20 tables of new, used, and antique tackle. We had a small turn out but the fall is a tough time to have a tackle swap. We are thinking of changing the date to the late spring. People who have...
  3. R

Thanks to all who came out to our first event. Chris.
  4. R

Hello everyone. Hope to see you all tomorrow morning at the show. A few people have asked for the address for the Dorchester Legion, it is 1227 Donnybrook Dr., just off the 401 off hwy 32. Remember the show opens at 8:30am and admission is free. Thanks Chris.
  5. R

Hi Stomp. I am not sure, I am just a vendor at the event. I know they tossed around charging an admission fee and giving some of the proceeds to charity,but since it is the first time for the show they decided to offer free admission to try and generate some interest in the event. Chris.
  6. R

Hello everyone. I have received a bunch of questions about the show. There will be both new and used tackle for sale at the event. I will be bringing a bunch of new bass and pike/musky tackle. I know other vendors are members of the antique fishing tackle club and will have many antique reels...
  7. R

Hello Everyone. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that there will be a fishing tackle swap meet at the Dorchester Legion on Saturday, October 21, from 8:30am-1:30pm. There will be about 20 tables of new, used, and antique fishing tackle at the event. Please pass this show info to all your...
  8. R

SM on long pt

That Ranger 522d would be my dream Great Lakes bass boat. Wish I was going to be down at the point this weekend but I am headed to St.Clair for the weekend to watch the elite series event. Good luck. Chris.
  9. R

Big Bass Derby Leader Board

Thanks for posting the leaderboard. It is great to see the bay bounce back with some better quality fish, it has been awhile since you see 4lb fish from top to bottom of the leaderboard. I believe the high water levels had a lot to do with the better quality fish being caught this year. It kept...
  10. R

Bass derby today

Is there anyone down at the point this morning around 5am who could post a current wind speed report? Thanks Chris.
  11. R

Weather report from good to worst on LP Bay

I was out yesterday morning and got caught in that storm. We got absolutely drenched in a matter of minutes. We could see the lightning bolts in the big creek marsh, just got back to marina shores and the storm stopped. You could feel the static electricity in the air through your graphite...
  12. R

Long Point Bay Big Bass Derby

Good luck to everyone fishing the derby tomorrow. Chris.
  13. R

Long Point Bay Big Bass Derby

Great to see this event is being carried on by some great volunteers. Hope everyone comes out to support the great causes and have a chance to win some great prizes. If possible take a kid with you, free derby for them and a great way to get them excited about fishing and being in the outdoors...
  14. R

Stelco Fishing Club Seminar Comedy Evening April 7

Wish I could make it, Rocky Crawford puts on great seminars. Chris.
  15. R

Hamilton Bassmaster Tackle Swap

Glad everyone had a great time. I have been to pretty much every fishing event in Ontario and the two best events are the Ancaster and Bowmanville tackle swaps. If you love to fish you should mark the two dates on your calendar, you will not be disappointed. Thanks again to everyone who stopped...
  16. R

Aylmer garage sale

The show in Ancaster is definitely worth the drive. There are great deals on new and used tackle. Chris.
  17. R

LPB bass

Hello, largies have been really hit and miss this summer. The inner bay north shore weed flats have been the most productive for me. I usually start out with a top water search bait (buzz bait or popper), then switch to a spinnerbait or shallow crankbait or swim bait, if that doesn't work I put...
  18. R

Bass Opener

Good luck to everyone fishing the bass opener in the morning. Weather looks great, everyone be safe. Make sure to buy a ticket and support the bass derby, all involved worked hard in putting it together. Chris.
  19. R

KID'S BASS DERBY

Thanks to all those involved in having this kid's bass derby, my son can't wait for the bass opener. Thanks again, Chris.
  20. R

Long Point Opening Day Derby

Hello everyone, can you all please make sure to pass the word around about this derby, we need to keep this tradition going strong into the future. Thank you to Bruce and John and all of there club members for organizing and running this derby. Chris.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks