Recent content by dropshot

1. dropshot

An Early Christmas Present

You guys with the long rods are sure in for a treat. Weather forecast over the Christmas break should have "Visions of sugar plums dancing in your heads". Possibility of a record high on Monday. This melt should already have fish on the move. Some eye candy for those of us who can no longer...
  2. dropshot

TO ALL CHANNEL 6-8 MEMBERS!

Merry Christmas to one and all. Quite an accomplishment Stomp. Keep up the good work. Rick.
  3. dropshot

MERRY Chistmas

No better feeling than helping someone in need. Been doing a secret Santa thing for many many years. Merry Christmas to all. Rick.
  4. dropshot

Fishing Report Quinte Walleye Report

OUCH! By the time opener rolls around the big girls are done and gone. Lots in the 4-7 lb. range. Never caught one at that time of year in the double digits. Anything larger than 4 lives to fight another day. Quinte is an amazing fishery. Hope to help keep it that way for many years to come...
  5. dropshot

Fishing Report Quinte Walleye Report

Kudos on the catch and release. Especially those big girls. I fish Hay Bay every year just after opener. Ten days ending Monday of the long weekend. Couple of feeds while we're there. Bring our limit home. Always just eaters. Rick.
  6. dropshot

Another Boating Tragedy

Yet another boating related tragedy. http://www.intelligencer.ca/2016/11/11/body-pulled-from-rice-lake-south-of-peterborough My condolences to families and friends. Rick
  7. dropshot

Bring it on

The barn door hardware is actually intended for interior use. https://www.google.ca/search?q=interior+barn+doors+pictures&biw=1278&bih=573&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjoi8P8ybzQAhVI9mMKHe4bAJIQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1.5 Saw it and had to have it. Looked at different ideas for doors. Came...
  8. dropshot

The gales of November

Wow for sure Gord. Only thing worse than rough seas is combining it with the inability to see. Been burned by fog on Erie a couple of times. Flat calm both times. Still no fun First time only had a compass. Not a nice place to be. Rick
  9. dropshot

Bring it on

Nice job Wave Runner. I too had concerns about instability. Especially once I took the lid off my can of worms. In spite of the pain and frustration it's more than worth it in the end. Comfort in knowing it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Satisfaction is what it's all about Gord. Never...
  10. dropshot

Bring it on

Probably my last major undertaking. Too old to be on my knees bending boards and driving screws. Wanted it to be special. Lots of offers for help. But, in the end, I wanted to be able to say I did it. Couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. Appreciate the kind words cmac. Thanks. Rick
  11. dropshot

Bring it on

I'm with you Gord. Old Man Winter was kind enough to hold off until I finally finished my deck. Started out thinking I would only replace the deck boards and the railings. Turned out what you couldn't see was almost as bad as what you could. Put the last of the finishing touches on my deck...
  12. dropshot

Duck hunters in trouble???

OOPS! Saw the date top right corner. Thought it was today's news. Never was one for reading the fine print. Specially without my glasses. Sorry for the bum steer. Rick.
  13. dropshot

Duck hunters in trouble???

Seems there was a rescue and a happy outcome. http://www.simcoereformer.ca/2016/06/20/coast-guard-rescue-pair-on-long-point-bay Rick
  14. dropshot

Not Fishing Related But NOV 11

Loonietoon. I share your sentiments. Appreciate you taking the time to post the music. Both my wife and I lost family. Some returned, but from what we are told, none were the same. Physical and emotional scars. One uncle committed suicide not long after his return. Another became an alcoholic...
  15. dropshot

Grand River last week

Jay I was genuinely spoiled. For many years few knew about the Caledonia Dam. There were just a handful of us and we didn't share. Along came the internet, and Italo Labignan (Canadian Sportfishing) and it got turned into a circus. I was able to turn my attention downstream and discover some...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks