Not Fishing Related But NOV 11

Loonietoon

Some things to Remember with the Day Coming around A Pittance of Time shot in 1999 in Dartsmouth Nova Scotia song by Terry Kelly 5,09 min.... and Highway of Heroes by Terry Sumsion one is 3.08 min and another is in studio recording 3.23 min both on youtube... hope they help you remember the cause ... LEST WE FORGET

I can not believe we have no comments to this, I hope people appreciate these songs as l know there are more out there

Last edited:
I share your sentiments of remembrance @Loonietoon. My late father served in World War 2 with the 2nd Canadian Corps during the liberation of Holland and Belgium. Sadly Remembrance Day has all but been lost in the shameful sea of political correctness of today's culture who seem to have no respect for anything sacred. But the Netherlands will never forget. They gratefully teach it in their schools and thousands of Dutch school children still honorably and faithfully tend the graves of our soldiers who are buried throughout Holland. There are 2,338 Canadian soldiers buried at the Groesbeek Canadian War Cemetery and Memorial alone of the nearly 7,600 Canadians who died during the nine-month campaign to liberate the Netherlands.

I salute those of us who still respect and hold dear to their heart the great significance of Remembrance Day. I will never forget the tremendous sacrifice of the more than 105,000 who lost their lives and 226,000 who were wounded of the brave Canadian soldiers who served during World War 1 and 2. Many more including my father returned home broken in mind and body from the horrors of war. They are not only heros in the truest sense, they are truly our greatest generations, period.

Spent the day fishing with good friends. At 1111 I sat down, leaned the rod against a tree and took my moment of silence. I'm so thankful for those who serve, in the past and now, so myself and countless others can enjoy freedoms that we have.

I sell car parts for a living. Retail walk in customers and heavy phone traffic. At 10:55 the phones all go on hold and the radio broadcast gets turned up. With 2 customers in the store no one had to say a word. We all stopped, bowed our heads and listened. I grew up the son of an immigrant who after only 5 years here joined the Perth Regiment at the age of 17. The voices of those original broadcasts 20 years before I was born were not new to me.
Over the next few minutes a couple more customers walked in the door. Not 1 took more than 3 steps in the building before realising what time and day it was. Hats were removed and heads bowed to listen as if the news broadcasts we listened to was now, not 1945.
After the last trumpet note was played to end the silence business resumed. We carried on as our freedom allows us to every day. Not a word was spoken about what we had just listened to, or the private thoughts within our heads. No one had to say a thing. The looks on everyone's faces said it all.

I can not believe we have no comments to this, I hope people appreciate these songs as l know there are more out there

Loonietoon. I share your sentiments. Appreciate you taking the time to post the music.
Both my wife and I lost family. Some returned, but from what we are told, none were the same. Physical and emotional scars.
One uncle committed suicide not long after his return. Another became an alcoholic. One of my wife's uncles came home with only half his jaw.
I quote Stick "the private thoughts in our heads".
Always in my head. Long before and after November 11th in any given year.
Rick.

I am very happy that you appreciated the music I was able to find.... I have heard In A Pittance of Time many times and it always get in to my throat .... Highway of Heroes was written by my dear friend Terry Sumsion before he passed from cancer.

Last edited:
Back