Recent content by Big Wally

1. B

Nanticoke Commercial Fishing Nets & Trawlers

With the Canadian Dollar where its at, it's more profitable to export the majority of the catch. Japan is a large buyer of our perch. Look at the price the fishermen actually get per pound, and look at the Canadian retail price. Our price has to compete with offshore markets. I believe that...
  2. B

Stomp, what's with the "Want a Date" adds

Cut off all of the ads by downloading "Adblocker" <www.adblockplus.org>. Cleans up your browser pages, and no more unsolicited ads. Big Wally
  3. B

Windfarms back in the News... Now out on the Great Lakes..

Have a look at this site: <www.windontario.ca> Says it all.
  4. B

HAND REELS WANTED

I've got a couple of Peetz classic wooden (Mahogany) reels from BC on 7 ft (I believe) one piece rods. No gears, and the drag is a wing-nut. These are an absolute riot to fish with - its just you and the fish. Used with downriggers. I've also used them for salmon on Lake O in the past, and or...
  5. B

Friday night burwell

Silver Barn is 7km EAST of Burwell, well before the Sand Hills (per Goggle Earth measurement). On land, it is at the junction of Lakeshore Road, just where it is blocked westbound for the washout, and forces drivers to turn North.
  6. B

NF - Anyone buying sides/quarters of beef or pork?

Check out Norfolk Packers in St Williams. They kill and process pork, but also have access to beef.
  7. B

Frankenstorm on the way

Hey guys - lets get our facts straight here. Great Lakes levels are down, but not as much as suggested here. Levels should be measured according to "normal" or long-term average levels. This website reports on daily averages for all of the lakes...
  8. B

How do YOU hook your minnow?

Fishing out of Burwell in 40 to 60 ft of water, I use a standard two-hook pickerel rig, and I cut all my minnows in half. This produces immediate scent in the water. It doesn't matter how you hook the half minnow. Just put a hook through the piece (use small snelled bait holder hooks so the...
  9. B

Current Wave Conditions

There is a site that reports Long Point weather conditions every hour. This will give indication of current wind conditions if someone wants to fish the Bay or Burwell areas. &#60;http://text.weatheroffice.gc.ca/trends_table/pages/wps_imperial_e.html&#62; Big Wally
  10. B

Port Dover

I was at the pier on Sunday - the only thing being caught was small gobies. Big Wally
  11. B

Long Point Area Fish and Game Club contact?

Try Robert Hawke at 519-586-8375. Big Wally
  12. B

Nanticoke Nuke

A good explanation here: &#60;http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2011/03/world/interactive.nuclear.japan/index.html?hpt=C1&#62; Toggle forward and back with the arrows on the page for complete info. Big Wally
  13. B

Nanticoke Nuke

The nuclear electricity plants in Japan are "boiling water" reactors, where the enriched uranium bundles are cooled by water (which boils to produce high pressure steam that drives the turbines), and the nuclear reaction is controlled by special rods that are inserted into the fuel stack to...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks