Friday night burwell

CourtLund

Went out for some perch Friday night. Lake was a little bumpy on the way out but laid down by 7pm. Had a friend with me from work and his daughter, and they were both a little green around the gills to start. They hung in there though and it paid off. We came in with 82 perch. Not as many jumbos as I would like to see, but a nice feed none the less. Right at the end of the night I did hook a nice surprise, and managed to land a 7lbs Walleye. Hook came out just as he went into the net! We were fishing down past the silver barn in 28ft and the graph was loaded with fish all night.
Got ready to leave, and noticed the outboard hesitated for a few seconds as I was powering up. Turns out I forgot to pull up the anchor... ooops! So my buddys lunch and my anchor are now at the bottom of lake erie!
Great day despite a few hiccups!
perch 1.jpg perch2.jpg walleye.jpg

weve all done the anchor thing in one way or another, admitting it is another thing. good on you . nice suprise fish way to go.

We tolk to you o the way out ,goob job we got 3out of 5 walleye and 4 silvers 58 59 ,38 40 ' down nice night .

Good job, put a smile on the kids face, a new generation of liars.

I've pulled most boating dough head moves, lost a few anchors not having a kodder pin in but never pulled away with one in, not yet anyway. This year 2 mistakes cost me close to a few grand.

Where is the silver barn? We were told "you can't miss it", well we did obviously. I know it is east from Burwell but is it before or after the sandhills?
We found the sandhills, at least we think we did since there was a pack of boats there, but couldn't find the barn.

I've done bot the anchor and the electric, different days. Forgot to pull the anchor last yer when we were leaving Hastings, it must have been spinning because it un-wound the anchor rope for abour 25 feet.
Then there's the plug. I left it out of each of my first 2 boats but fortunately realized before it was a big problem. Haven't left it out on the current boat........yet.

Where is the silver barn? We were told "you can't miss it", well we did obviously. I know it is east from Burwell but is it before or after the sandhills?
We found the sandhills, at least we think we did since there was a pack of boats there, but couldn't find the barn.

I've done bot the anchor and the electric, different days. Forgot to pull the anchor last yer when we were leaving Hastings, it must have been spinning because it un-wound the anchor rope for abour 25 feet.
Then there's the plug. I left it out of each of my first 2 boats but fortunately realized before it was a big problem. Haven't left it out on the current boat........yet.

I believe the Silver barn is WEST of Burwell.

Silver Barn is 7km EAST of Burwell, well before the Sand Hills (per Goggle Earth measurement). On land, it is at the junction of Lakeshore Road, just where it is blocked westbound for the washout, and forces drivers to turn North.

You should have seen him folded over the side of the boat! lol. Took it like a champ though. Stayed out for another 3 hours after donating his lunch to the lake!

Got to give him that....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks