Windfarms back in the News... Now out on the Great Lakes..

Talked to a Polish fellow whose family were all fishermen .. They lost a major in shore fishing ground to wind turbines . The fish will not return to the areas of the off shore turbines .

What a dumb idea those wind turbines are a disgrace to the landscape or waterscape and just imagine how it will screw up the fishing.Someone once told me the energy it takes to create a wind turbine ie cement etc costs more in energy than what the turbine will produce.Not to mention stirring up the bottom of the lake cant be good for the enviorment.

What a dumb idea those wind turbines are a disgrace to the landscape or waterscape and just imagine how it will screw up the fishing.Someone once told me the energy it takes to create a wind turbine ie cement etc costs more in energy than what the turbine will produce.Not to mention stirring up the bottom of the lake cant be good for the enviorment.

For sure coal fire is the only way to go!

Coal isn't the answer but beneath Lake Erie lays a huge natural gas resource. If our goofy government was serious about being green it would refit Nanticoke to burn gas. The fuel is there, the lines are there and the plant is there ready to be refitted to burn gas. The generators in the wind turbines require magnets that are made from rare earth mined in China. The pollution created by mining this and refining it to the magnets makes the oil sands look like a Caribbean beach. Wind turbines create very little energy when winds are below 30 km per hour and 40% of the time they create ZERO energy. Because we can not control the wind and we have no way to store the power, these wind turbines are a crazy idea. Ask if any of the wind farm developers would do it if they weren't getting a huge government subsidy for the power they make. I am sure they wouldn't invest a nickel.

We will be broke paying between 50-80 cent kwh and selling it for 10. What a disaster these will be.

That's my rant for the month, I promise.

I just figured us fishermen and women had enough dodging around commerecial nets and such and now you want to troll around ugly,unreliable,expensive,probably keep the fish away crap turbines give your head a shake.Not to mention the headache they could cause in a storm or disabled boat or heavy fog for boaters.No coal is not the answer and you insult my intellgence for suggesting it.The only reason this group suggests this is because the average person wouldnt see it from shore,also the repair bill to fix the turbines from these harsh conditions would be outrageous.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks