Port Dover

bart

Did the warm weather bring the perch close to the pier already?

Too early water takes much longer to heat up than air. Another forum buddy says all out jumbos are still in 50 to 60foot of water in erie. He's holding a couple 14 To 15 inchers fully egged up in the post Month or so to go yet.

Not a perch to be had. Just cats and gobies.

The water close to shore is at 41* but the water out in the bay is in the high 30's. Perch spawn at 41-44* so they haven't begun their run yet. We need some warm rain to get them going.

St williams was good last week also,we had good hauls and size but not like the open erie cruiser perch that barts talking about. Those perch feel the water temp change later for their shallow water spawning. Ya don't need a boat for pier fishin but your gona wait a little longer for jumbo slabs to roll in. Should be interesting when though?cuz of no ice or winter this year,maybe late april.

Hi all
I'm a newbe on this board thanks for all your responds
may be i keep fishing for some spring steelhead.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks