Off Topic Your Phone Companion for Windows 10

hvyhaul

I installed and synced this app today for a testing period, permanent if it works out to my satisfaction.

It allows my Android Phone and Laptop to share the phone's content.

I find I do a lot of photo editing on my phone, then email to PC for posting here.

Hopefully this will eliminate a step or two and give me some greater flexibility.

You had to download that app ? In my Settings I have a Bluetooth or WiFi button that I can connect my Samsung S10 smartphone or other devices( iPhone , tablet , etc.) to my laptop. I have a Asus laptop with AMD A9 7th gen and Radeon graphics approx. 3 years old that came with Windows 10 , if that means anything ? I am not a techie. LoL ! If anything I'm "Technically Challenged" ! Supposedly I can connect my phone to my Samsung Smart TV....... supposedly ? Same with the laptop.... supposedly ?

Not so straightforward with LG. @Old Cut LongPointer

The LG 7 ThinQ I have needed the download. T then I had to make sure I used the same accounts on both electronics to communicate. Apparently I have more than I should. LOL

I'm not a diehard supporter of Microsoft and its insistence of exercising control, so I tend to move slowly.

I like the simplicity of my phone photo editor, but prefer the flexibility of posting from the PC.

Gimp on the PC is incredibly powerful, but can be somewhat of a pain to use at times.

Simple post of what I was investigating, if someone else was in the same boat.

It was only food for thought.

The LG 7 ThinQ I have needed the download. T then I had to make sure I used the same accounts on both electronics to communicate. Apparently I have more than I should. LOL

I'm not a diehard supporter of Microsoft and its insistence of exercising control, so I tend to move slowly.

I like the simplicity of my phone photo editor, but prefer the flexibility of posting from the PC.

Gimp on the PC is incredibly powerful, but can be somewhat of a pain to use at times.

That sucks I have thought of getting a android phone but I have gotten comfortable with apple products just upload my photos right from my iPhone I do the same with my iPad I like to view photos on my iPad because it has a 10 inch screen got tired of buying pc s are out dated so quick. My iPad will last much longer. It’s linked with my phone so I’ll get messages and emails and other things, when my phone is charging.
Oh and my Navionics is linked to both as well. Just my preference and opinion. 😎
JJ

Just use google drive or dropbox to share files across devices... you just use it as a normal folder, and it automatically syncs to specified folders, or you can log into your account and access them through a browser.

Just use google drive or dropbox to share files across devices... you just use it as a normal folder, and it automatically syncs to specified folders, or you can log into your account and access them through a browser.

I turned down all the attempts of One Drive to take a copy of my stuff, so I'm not going to be a fan of putting a copy of my stuff on G Drive or Dropbox.

I like my stuff on my machines, not other people's machines.

Just me.

I'm ok with what I decide to post/share being on other people's machines.

Last edited:
picky picky.... I also do not use icloud but google seems acceptable to me.... especially since I do keep a copy on my PC by default.
Something I set up at work was a synology drive. Its basically a NAS but very powerful and has drive and dropbox features, but instead of the cloud your data is on the box in your basement.

I installed and synced this app today for a testing period, permanent if it works out to my satisfaction.

It allows my Android Phone and Laptop to share the phone's content.

I find I do a lot of photo editing on my phone, then email to PC for posting here.

Hopefully this will eliminate a step or two and give me some greater flexibility.
let me know how you like it.

let me know how you like it.

It's pretty basic.

If you only have a single folder of images it will work great, but I have multiple organized folders and the app doesn't drill down past the surface folder. So as long as I haven't edited or sorted the image I can grab it to my Laptop (PC).

It syncs text msgs and allows me to create / send new and reply msgs. It doesn't sync email, G mail does that for me.

Says I can set it up to do phone calls from my PC, not interested in that.

I hear ya Hvyhaul ! Once you tell a secret it's not a secret anymore. As for iPhone or Macs I can see why a lot of my friends use them because Microsoft/Android systems will make you crazy ! I recently did an update and have had a hell of a time just to log in ! Now a PIN instead of a Password.... really ? Same friggin thing right ? Noooooooooooo Windows 10 update version 1909 changed that and now I have to reload my apps for places like Channel 68 or Windfinder or Kijiji etc. , even though they stated everything will be right where I left it............. B. S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any geeks in the Long Point area ? I use the term "geek" with the utmost respect. In the meantime I will just keep pushing buttons and jumping through hoops. LoL !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks