Yotes

can't miss

Spoke with the local group here last weekend, they hunt, give or take, 5 km area around here, Thamesford. They were at 119 yotes, looking to pass 120, sure they did. Said best was about 4 or 5 yrs ago and topped 160. Not saying I've counting them all, but the odd time I meet up with them, they have dead ones in the back.
Ministry and twsp seem to ignore these #'s, and yes they seem high, but living here in the rural, yey it's real. Local media reports if one is seen in town, but never on how the population is extreme, is it not time for a bounty?

Seems like extremely high numbers.., without knowing your exact area, must have lots of habitat on your block.

Who decides on bounties? when and if?
need a petition? Seems like squeaky wheels get the grease now a days, no replacing necessary.

Spoke with the local group here last weekend, they hunt, give or take, 5 km area around here, Thamesford. They were at 119 yotes, looking to pass 120, sure they did. Said best was about 4 or 5 yrs ago and topped 160. Not saying I've counting them all, but the odd time I meet up with them, they have dead ones in the back.
Ministry and twsp seem to ignore these #'s, and yes they seem high, but living here in the rural, yey it's real. Local media reports if one is seen in town, but never on how the population is extreme, is it not time for a bounty?
I live in Putnam and we here them almost every night. I think there is way to many

Here is how to get the bounty back,, STOP hunting them all together.
it's the only way.
I shoot what ever one i can, but this year, not going to waste my money on shells.
i feel everyones pain, yes there are far more yotes now a days, because of the "KARENS: out there, Now it's time for KAREN" to act when her dog or cat gets it.

In the coyote pack, only the dominate female is allowed to breed. With the dominate male.
Shoot the dominate female and all the fill-in insubordinate females get bred and the population explodes.
Take the dominate male out and the insubordinate males have a free for all with the females, and the population goes up. It's an endless cycle.
When there are finally too many coyotes, Mother Nature steps in mange helps to control them.
Lots of well written articles about coyote biology on the internet.

Mmmmmmmmmmm ? My Saturday nights squeeze is named Karen and she don't mind me killing things at all, especially coyotes. LoL ! Lots of yotes out Clear Creek way and I am told there are a lot down on Long Point also.

No bounty for me thanks, my tax dollars are better spent elsewhere. Your local group takes out 120+ every year free of charge and the population doesn't go down. We had a bounty in Ontario for 100 years and didn't get rid of them. How would a bounty help?

Plenty of coyotes in my neighbourhood, but plenty of deer in the bush too. Chickens are in barns nowadays. Mine are allowed out and haven't lost one yet. Most of the dogs getting attacked are in town where a bounty wouldn't help. My dog chases the odd one away. Some day he may get his comeuppance but that's the price I pay for living where I do and letting him play in the bush.

No bounty for me thanks, my tax dollars are better spent elsewhere. Your local group takes out 120+ every year free of charge and the population doesn't go down. We had a bounty in Ontario for 100 years and didn't get rid of them. How would a bounty help?

Plenty of coyotes in my neighbourhood, but plenty of deer in the bush too. Chickens are in barns nowadays. Mine are allowed out and haven't lost one yet. Most of the dogs getting attacked are in town where a bounty wouldn't help. My dog chases the odd one away. Some day he may get his comeuppance but that's the price I pay for living where I do and letting him play in the bush.
Checked stat's Canada info, we paid 40.5 million to farmers last yr for pred loss's, granted that's includes preds other than yotes and Canada wide. Couldn't find a break down to yote specific, but would guess it's the majority? There's a chunk of well spent tax dollars.
I keep a handful of chickens, ducks ect, and miss a night of penning them, you'll find the feathers out back. Yotes steal the damm empty dog bowl. I always keep a large breed working dog here, just part of rural living, family pet and buddy, his comeuppance won't be getting eaten alive, watch my critter's more than that? My hounds have always been able to hold their own agaist pred's, and even take down a few, but they do get old, dairy farm down the rd lost their 14 yr old shep mix, in the farm yrd, to yotes, poor old thing?
Not sure where you live, but yotes here travell to town and back every night, just look at the tracks after a fresh snow.
Guess all I'm getting at, folks both urban and rural, should know the actuall pop #'s, not just that a couple were spotted inside city limit's.
thanks for responding

I live in Talbotville and I hear a pack of coyotes every night.
some of them sounds quite close like right behind shady lane near where they just put new subdivision in. One night im certain I heard a small dog being murdered by the coyotes.

One farm I hunted lost a calf to yotes, they came right into the barn and dragged it out. I'm not sure what the farmer was reimbursed(if at all?) but he was very happy to let us hunt his property. I have also seen corn fields where down the length of it the width of a two lane road the deer had been in feeding. Seems like they love young soybean plants too. The only "good" yote is a "dead" yote !

Not the first time i have seen this guy in this area in the middle of the day. Kinda surprised he hasn't met his end yet as he has 0 fear

Im also in Thamesford, 100 yds from the river and we can hear the yotes yipping and yapping running up and down the river almost every night.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks