Off Topic YALEYE-FISH CUSTOM RIPPLIN RED FIN PAINT ISSUES

DST

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
tI purchased some custom painted RRF last week. After catching a couple of fish on each lure the paint is all scratched up. It looks like they were painted over chrome finish lures and did not sand the lure or prime it prior to painting. Not very impressed with the workmanship. So far no response back from Yaleye-fish. Anyone else have the same problems?

I take the middle hooks off all RRF's and Tee the front hook so it doesn't rub on the sides. The paint lasts waaay longer and the middle hooks is just a net tangler anyway. I really can't prove that the hookup rate is the same but how many walleye do you ever see hooked only on the middle?

Not with Yaleye but I had the same issues a few years ago with wackem tackle’s redfins. It almost seems like painting over stock paint just does not hold up. A few of these lures went totally bare as it almost seemed that once the fish got the paint loose, water then got behind the paint and peeled it even faster and worse

tI purchased some custom painted RRF last week. After catching a couple of fish on each lure the paint is all scratched up. It looks like they were painted over chrome finish lures and did not sand the lure or prime it prior to painting. Not very impressed with the workmanship. So far no response back from Yaleye-fish. Anyone else have the same problems?
Never had a problem with his paint jobs.
Can you post a picture so we can see what’s happening to the lure?

Not with Yaleye but I had the same issues a few years ago with wackem tackle’s redfins. It almost seems like painting over stock paint just does not hold up. A few of these lures went totally bare as it almost seemed that once the fish got the paint loose, water then got behind the paint and peeled it even faster and worse
Same, I have a lot of wackum custom redfins where the paint is half stripped away.

I had an issue with a few worm harnesses from yaleye … contacted them via facebook messager .. they answered reasonably fast and sent me replacements with no questions asked.

Agree, the paint comes off quickly and the price goes up quickly.

I don't mind supporting these guys and paying extra, but they really need to improve the quality of their work.

They send me a e-mail which went to my junk box. Once I found it I sent them pictures of the baits in question so they can take a look and respond.

Back