XD 100

M_P

Out with my son a few weeks back and thought we were going have to run the kicker all the way into port. We are running a Johnson 150 FastStrike, ran great on our way out but come time to head in it was hard starting, would not idle and wouldn't run higher than 4k rpm and smoking like mad. It had new premium fuel at the beginning of the season, good water pressure, spark on all 6 and all 6 cylinders have decent compression considering its age. Time to make a decision - spend a bunch of money trying to get it running or shop for a good used. This past Saturday we ran across a new listing for a 150 etec with a 20" shaft - lots of 25's but 20's are tough to find. Anyway, I pulled the trigger on the motor and dragged the boat up to the dealer yesterday for the change out.
My question to the Evinrude guys - when they set it up, do I have them set it to run XD100 or 50?

Proctor did my motor swap many years ago. They set it up for XD100.
The sticker on the oil tank states it set up for XD100

100:1 full synthetic, is what I did. I think it'll be easier to find than the XD50, try a search and see what comes up. Canadian Tire carries the XD100

There's 2 settings on etec motors, XD50 & XD100. The XD50 setting is for the break-in period. As this is a used motor, I'm sure it's been changed to the XD100 setting so you'd use the XD100 synthetic oil. On a side note, I've read that some leave the motor on the XD50 setting and use XD100 oil because they think it gives them extra protection. Not necessary and you'll und up making a mess with all the soot the motor produces

Proctors also set mine for xd100 right from the start

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks