Off Topic Worm tipping

Haskett34

I have been worm tipping my body baits and stinger spoons religiously. I dont much like the extra cost of worms or the dirt on the boat. Doesn't anyone else do this or are your spoons and bodies just as productive with out. I like harness and viper spoons so I'll never get out of worms but if I wanted to fish worm free old I expect the same results and put the harness's away for a trip or 2 ??

I have been worm tipping my body baits and stinger spoons religiously. I dont much like the extra cost of worms or the dirt on the boat. Doesn't anyone else do this or are your spoons and bodies just as productive with out. I like harness and viper spoons so I'll never get out of worms but if I wanted to fish worm free old I expect the same results and put the harness's away for a trip or 2 ??
I do not use bait on spoons or body baits. I have been getting limits. 3to 5 hours.

There are so many fish you do not need tipping, worm harness sure but no need as everything catches, its a turkey shoot..anything and everything catches fish.

Haven't had a worm in my boat in 4 years.. it's the demise of the bait shop,, artificial s are so good now a days you don't need bait for walleyes.

I have forgott the worms in fridge for my last 3 trips and have never tipped spoons or body baits with worms .

We have landed 51 eyes and 5 bows in last 3 trips without worms .....how ever I was looking forward to try the spoon harness 's I made last winter20190717_143821.jpg

Thanks for the replies will be going baitless next trip without the harness rigs and viper spoons. What would be the best spoons to run out nanticoke way. I've heard Michigan stinger nascar is a best bet.

Haven't used a worm yet. Actually gonna tomorrow. Rrf is a sure fire walleye killer. Rainbows too.no worms needec

Saw a tip on TV. Have a container of water and put a few worms at a time in it. Then when you need them to hook on they will be much cleaner.

Saw a tip on TV. Have a container of water and put a few worms at a time in it. Then when you need them to hook on they will be much cleaner.

I carry a small pail which I use to rinse the worms before I start. Add water, dump in worms, slush around a bit, remove worms and put back in container on ice. Throw water overboard. Worms are clean, no slime, no dirt and boat stays clean.

On the flip side a friend of mine has been getting 2 man limits in about 2 hrs using only worm harnesses . He gets them down with dipsey divers and uses an electric motor with ipilot so doesn't need planer boards. TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks