Worm Harnesses

Beagles

What is everyone's choice of colour for their harnesses. Best trolling speed, etc. I have never fished with them, but am going to start! Does anyone use them, along with spoons, or are the trolling speeds too different? I normally use spoons and bodybaits at 2.5 to 2.8

I use a water melon color harness with my water melon dipsey. Works very well for me and usually run about the same speed you just mentioned. Bought mine at angling outfitters in woodstock and are made by yaleye. Last forever.

I use a water melon color harness with my water melon dipsey. Works very well for me and usually run about the same speed you just mentioned. Bought mine at angling outfitters in woodstock and are made by yaleye. Last fore

I use a water melon color harness with my water melon dipsey. Works very well for me and usually run about the same speed you just mentioned. Bought mine at angling outfitters in woodstock and are made by yaleye. Last forever.
Great, thanks. I was hoping to try some, but still be able to run spoons , at the same time

What is everyone's choice of colour for their harnesses. Best trolling speed, etc. I have never fished with them, but am going to start! Does anyone use them, along with spoons, or are the trolling speeds too different? I normally use spoons and bodybaits at 2.5 to 2.8
If your going run harness at them speeds i would go with one made with a wire leader. Heavy mono and floro will work but will wear from the clevis & beads and will eventually break off. As long as you check your harness periodically for wear and replace when nessecary you will fine.
Willow blades will put less stress on the line then Colorado blades at higher speeds but still wear on the line.

Leadcore,dipsy,riggers, snap wieghts, all will work. Don't get hooked into all the hype of how it should be or how it has to be fished. Worm Harness is not reserved for just bottom bouncers and slooowww speeds it's more like fishermen reserve the harness for slooowww speeds and bottom bouncers. Fish them like any other trolling bait.
I'll run harness along side spoons & body baits at 2.5-2.8mph no problem,with a wire for the leader. 18lb 7strand wire with a high speed swivel.

As far as favorite colors go I don't real have just one. Just like other baits, many colors from one end of the color spectrum to the other..who knows which color the fish will favor on any given day so I find it best to pack a few differnt colors.
The Fish will always tell you what color & blade style is best on that day.20220815_230938.jpg20220815_230542.jpg

Myself I run all white back and front of the Blade because the fish sees the back of the blade anyway plus bait fish are White, never saw a coloured bait fish, but that’s just me. Others have their opinions.👍😀 But as mentioned above if running Flor or Mono harness check for line burn all the time, I make my harnesses with a folded clevis but will still burn, and stay away from the plastic removal blade ones because I’ve lost blade’s using them.

Last edited:
If your going run harness at them speeds i would go with one made with a wire leader. Heavy mono and floro will work but will wear from the clevis & beads and will eventually break off. As long as you check your harness periodically for wear and replace when nessecary you will fine.
Willow blades will put less stress on the line then Colorado blades at higher speeds but still wear on the line.

Leadcore,dipsy,riggers, snap wieghts, all will work. Don't get hooked into all the hype of how it should be or how it has to be fished. Worm Harness is not reserved for just bottom bouncers and slooowww speeds it's more like fishermen reserve the harness for slooowww speeds and bottom bouncers. Fish them like any other trolling bait.
I'll run harness along side spoons & body baits at 2.5-2.8mph no problem,with a wire for the leader. 18lb 7strand wire with a high speed swivel.

As far as favorite colors go I don't real have just one. Just like other baits, many colors from one end of the color spectrum to the other..who knows which color the fish will favor on any given day so I find it best to pack a few differnt colors.
The Fish will always tell you what color & blade style is best on that day.View attachment 63477View attachment 63478
Thanks, Six-Grand. Great info. and pics.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks