Worm harness issues

Oldschool

Trolling by the light house with worm harnesses and had 3-4 break off. Still had the leader but hooks beads and spinner gone. Any ideas?

Use steel leader or not so kinky leader material…..the spinner is burning through the line
How do you like the knot so kinky. I looked into it to tie harnesses for this reason but the guys at both angling outfitters and kingsway talked me out of it saying it has low breaking strength

Most harnesses are tied with 10 to 15 lb flourocarban. I usually get 1 or 2 season out of one, then I re-tie them.

Our harnesses are tied with 30lbs flouro.
No offense and not trying to start an argument here as I love all your other products. But last year I bought 9 of your harnesses for a tournament and after one day of fishing only 4 remained. They were all breaking part way down the leader either from the beads or the blade clasps

FYI I have been tying my own with 20 lb seaguar fluorocarbon for 15 years and no issues. I used 20 lb initially for pike and the 20 lb holds up pretty well to pike as well. Once it gets a little fraid from a pike I retie

Dutch fork clevis ...no friction ..never lost a harness because of that issue. They say quick change for the blade..sure but I find if you dont tighten up the clasp you can lose a blade. I just use pliers to squeeze up tight which takes away the quick exchange feature.. that I never use anyway. Its money well spent. 🍻🎣Screenshot_20220718-172652_Gallery.jpg

Trolling by the light house with worm harnesses and had 3-4 break off. Still had the leader but hooks beads and spinner gone. Any ideas?
Friction from beads and clevis will wear on the leader line..looks like a tree a beaver was chewing on. eventually it will cut through. Running my harness at 2+mph or along side cranks and spoons it would wear badly all the time using 20lb mono or floro. Later started using 30lb big game which helped but still had to retie them befor the next run. I tie all my harness with Berkley 7strand wire..the only thing that's shows wears now are the beads.
I would suggest either slow down to crawl like 1-1.5mph to avoid friction wear on the leader or start using wire for the leaders if you like to troll faster.20220718_173246.jpg20220718_173253.jpg

I make them like this with 30 pound cable if you need some I have some for sale. All knots are glued can’t come undone. Text or call I live in Eden
905 971 7403

Attachments

• 96C723BC-50D5-4F7D-B802-2088A786944C.png
    96C723BC-50D5-4F7D-B802-2088A786944C.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
I’ve been using knot so kinky so my pike leaders. No problem so far. I’ll be buying more.

No offense and not trying to start an argument here as I love all your other products. But last year I bought 9 of your harnesses for a tournament and after one day of fishing only 4 remained. They were all breaking part way down the leader either from the beads or th2e blade clasps26
Not sure what to say to that, I torture tested 2 harnesses last year. One took 32 fish, the other 26 (walleyes of course) before they were finished. How fast were you trolling? Did u switch up the clevices? We only fish with our harnesses, and never have any issues. Please pm if you would like to discuss, as we stand by everything we produce. Thx

Thanks for the input. Never used harnesses before last week may have ran to fast on my friends 26ft sea swirl running just under 3mph low as she will go. May look into drift bags to slow her down. Harnesses used had 17pound test. But brand new out for 20min. And then the hooks and beads break off. Also had a couple of big bows break off after down riggers released possibly too much drag. I'll keep all your options open. Thanks

I use a folded clevis making my own and use 40 lb. Flora.
But I still check for line burn.
I have made them out of Mono too and make the line longer so to retie after checking the burn spot to retie the hooks.
Some Big blades will cut into your line Too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks