word of warning

highhopes

if you are going out of port burwell keep your eyes open there's enough wood out there to build noels ark lol and a few that well make a hydro poll look small we had a few boats and docks go missing last nite the river is about 4ft higher and still rising

if you are going out of port burwell keep your eyes open there's enough wood out there to build noels ark lol and a few that well make a hydro poll look small we had a few boats and docks go missing last nite the river is about 4ft higher and still rising
Do you think it will be ok to put in tomorrow at Burwell or is not worth the risk? Looks like the waves will be ok as long as you can get to the lake without wrecking your boat/motor. Thanks for the warning. I would call Bradfields but they would probably tell you its good even if it's not.

Ha isn't that the truth!! I am also planning on heading out tomorrow. Don't know if I should try the morning or wait till the afternoon it looks like it should be dead calm in the afternoon..

it should be ok but you well have to go out a long way to get away from the brown water with the wind out of the north I,m going but not until day lite.

She is going to be a good day tomorrow, winds are shifting to NNW now and are going north tonight dropping to light by mid morning. Go get em, we don't have many good days left.

Good Luck

Anyone looking for the perch tomorrow I am starting in the 50' range, I hope they are there:cool:

Thanks for the replys guys. i won't be there til 8 or later in am. going to give it a full day if neeed be. like Big Dave said not many days left. Freezer isn't where it needs to be yet for the long winter. Lots of perch need some eye candy. Give me a call on radio for updates later Double D call sign. Good luck fellows Safe Travels

Do you think it will be ok to put in tomorrow at Burwell or is not worth the risk? Looks like the waves will be ok as long as you can get to the lake without wrecking your boat/motor. Thanks for the warning. I would call Bradfields but they would probably tell you its good even if it's not.
WOW SO TRUE!!!! all they want is your money I have gone there several times ask if it is safe enough for me and they say oh yah should be no problem. Just to get out past the stone wall to turn around and go home and you think they would offer a refund no way I go down to the beach and scope it out first but sometimes that is not good enough.

just look at the parking lot if its full its ok for them if its empty its empty for one reason I use my own judgement I never go by what anyone says whats ok for me might be to rough for you or the other way round and where would you find a place of business that don't want your money lol.

Just a thought, but have any of you Burwell guys looked into launching at Port Bruce? North Erie Marina is first class and has great access to the Lake.

Leaving for there now, I will be hunting eyes . If anyone starts slaying them I would love a shout. I'm "THE DRIFTER" on 68.

Thanks Mike

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks