Winter bows

icefisherman

Well after lake Simcoe lakers and perch, today was the day for winter steelhead....and they sure didn't disappointing ...lots of them and willing to come and play...5/7 for the day...with some brutes nice clean silver mail fish full of juice and not too happy been at the end of my line...so they sure fought hard despite freezing water....slush all over...lots of ice...had to brake a small section to free a bit of shore line for easier landing....but it froze over again shortly after....frozen line, float..etc...all the routine in the middle of winter....all that been said it was fantastic feeling to be on the river today....3 fishing trips over last 4 days...I sure can use some sleep :D
Few pictures from today's activities:

20130204_1210171_zpse3433b03.jpg

20130204_121903_zps8ee708df.jpg

20130204_125552_zpsd5bc3760.jpg

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

You're killing me Emile! [}:)]

Man I miss slushing for chrome.

Stick

DSC00152.jpg

"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

Youre right, there isnt much, but there is a nice dusting!

Regardless, I like your choice of rod and reel! I have the same.

DSCF3054.jpg

Nice bows, surprised there is no snow where you are for the first two, even what looks to be dry dirt and crispy leaves. Then snow, a fair bit right at the river edge for the third pic. The first two are typical of early fall run steelies, clean silver bullets but the last is showing signs of being in the river for some time. More colouration and slightly hooked jaw(typical for this time of year) Either way nice fish but I think you have your pics mixed up.

Congrats

Why do some members of this forum constantly question other members post? No wonder some of our prized contributors have stopped participating.Must be a matter of jealously or self gratification to hide behind a computer and query reputable members post.

Icefisherman has posted some great fishing reports on this board. So if he says he caught these fish the other day i would not question his reports. He has gave me many tips on salmon fishing on Ontario .
This board is going to lose alot of great posters due to all the nitpicking that goes on .

Come on guys,

there is not any snow in my back yard...hasn't been any for several days, and there was none at the river yesterday...all I can tell you is it is lake O. trib. And pictures are from yesterday. Most fish were fresh run after the rain/melt last week. The only white stuff was at the river edge from ice/slush broken/refrozen....You can actually see at the last picture the area I broke and cleared had started to refreeze by the time that fish was caught.
Anyhow...I know I was fishing yesterday got good number of fish and had great time...if someone has an agenda and doen't believe it...so be it...8D

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Hahaha Dave,

as I like to say I am just the driver8D
Love that picture....it was quite the day for sure.

Now speaking of spring, just bought a whole case (33lbs) of East Coast herring and am looking for a good cure recipe ...then fillet them and should have lots of herring strips for the Lake O. Kings. And speaking of those Kings, Dave you better get ready. Keep in good shape and fitness as you'll need to pull them all.

After all.......I am just the driver ha ha ha

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

quote:
Originally posted by brock

where did you get the herring from if you dont mind me asking?

A guy on another board was selling it...send me a PM and I'll forward you his contacts.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Some guys on here are just classic. So fast to chirp about no snow lol. How about just saying "nice fish".

Icefisherman is one of the best sources of real info on this site, and one heck of a fisherman from what I can see. He trys to help anyone that asks.
It's funny how the guys that never post any information or anything positive, are right there questioning this guy; an obvious case of jealousy.
I don't want to add to the drama on the site, but some of you guys need to ask yourselves why you get angry when someone has more success than you do.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks