WIND AND WAVES FORECAST?

scoop!

the evening before any of my charters I try to get a good handle on the winds for the next morning so my customers don't drive a distance and get told its rough. last night today looked great windfinder had the most breeze reaching a max of 10knots not bad and out of the nw. sailflow was even better ,windty also good windgureu good. I check it when I get up at 430am now winfinder has changed to around 12knots at 11am not bad right wronggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg! left dock at 6am told guys it might get bumpy but off shore wind ne ok I did 32mph out to 63 set up by 645am start trolling to my numbers by 730am wind is east and increasing 8am close to 15knots no way then one of the guys start getting sick pulled the plug back to shore at 10mph turned marine forecast on the radio updated forecast at 9 was saying winds increasing in the afternoon notttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt! BS every coarse you take don't matter when it comes to mother nature I did the safe thing got off the lake and called my afternoon trip and cancelled it too. end of rant! ''cheers"

Same thing out of Pt Glascow this morning,good going out to 60ft trolled with chop wind changed to directly east and pushed me a long way west in the 2 hrs we fished,slow going coming back to port.The last 2 times out the forecast has looked good on all the forecasts for the next day but guess what WRONG AGAIN.There I feel better,not really still got wobbly legs.

I find the MAFOR numbers the most accurate when it comes to winds and waves.

Lol, question plaguing humanity. I have been camping for years up north of Parry Sound. The only radio station that comes in is the Moose 101.3. All day every day they would say the MAFOR code. I never did know what it meant. Could someone fill me in..... Thanks

I headed out at 4 pm today, lake was perfect. Full power run all the way out. Laid down more as we trolled and was perfect full power run in at 8 pm. Fishing was good to, 61'

yes I would always lissen to the mayfor code after they gave the forecast I wrote the numbers down and that's what I use to use for 15 years then the power of be dicided not to broadcast the mayfor code now you have to call to get it nice call you ................ never mind. I found it on the internet I will be using it again I can get it on my phone that's the one I will make my call with that it was write more often than not. they give you mayfor at 6:30pm and 3:am everyday.

Lol, question plaguing humanity. I have been camping for years up north of Parry Sound. The only radio station that comes in is the Moose 101.3. All day every day they would say the MAFOR code. I never did know what it meant. Could someone fill me in..... Thanks

The MAFOR Code is a set of numbers in groups of five. the first # is always 1 this designates the great lakes.....The 2nd # designates how long this set of five # is good for in hours. The 3rd # is the wind direction...The 4th # is the speed of the wind in Knots....The 5th # is the forcast weather....

Here is a sample of the numbers everybody wants to see...17000...which means under Lake Erie the 7 is 48hrs....the third Zero is Calm....the 4th Zero is Very little wind. but can vary between 0 to 10 Knots...The fifth Zero is forcast weather...Good visability.Greater than 3 Nautical miles...
So to make it easy...when you see Zeros at the end...The more Zeros...the better the weather will be..

Go Here....www.msc-smc.ec.ge..ca/msb/manuals/manmar/app4_e.html

mayfor code issued at 3am Thursday: west erie- 15300 11300 14410 11410 12610 19619 11610 east- 1240013900 12300 12410 12420 12510 11510 19519 11500 19509 end. now lets see how close this report will be. next forecast is 6:30p.m. today "cheers"

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks