Wildwood

Fishing Pal

Any one fish Wildwood Conservation area - looks like a nice place - heard good things BUT what is the fishing like

Waist of time!! I literally live less then 1 minute away from wildwood. Used to catch all kinds of pike bass and big perch there, but like many other lakes around its been fished out. Gets hit hard ice fishing and I don't think many fish actually go back in. Winter time it's loaded with "non-english" speaking people catching every single pike they can so they can consume the roe. I have personally had arguments about releasing the spawning females, yet people want to eat the eggs.

yes years ago before non speaking english came was ok now they keep everthing over an inch many fights over that they come by families minimum 6 or more my advice catch as much in a bath tub heavyanchor ps good place to camp though

I have fished wildwood a few times this year with a little success some days seem a lot better than others but i caught a few decent pike fishing close to the dam near the road and rocky shore thats the only area i was able to find clear water . Also caught a a few 2-3 lb smallmouth with senkos. For that bass i found the channel near the docks and right out to the point directly across from the boat ramp usually hold a few large or smallmouth. But like perch420 and heavy anchor said I have had some very slow days tossing everything in the tackle box with no luck hope this helps if your making the trip

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks