Wildwood Lake

lebaron

Spent few hours Sunday morning at the dam on Wildwood Lake. Beautiful whether but not so beautiful sight (or smell). Some massive kill happened and the results are visible in the pictures. Tonnes of carp in putrefaction are laying on the rocks. Anybody knows the cause?IMG_20171022_115437.jpg IMG_20171022_115415.jpg

We were at Rice Lake a few years ago and there was large carp flooting everywhere, The MNR said it was a virus that only took out the adult carp, but not the young ones. Not saying that is what happened there.

It happened in Tillsonburg a few years ago too .there was dead carp all over they had a boat and a net dipping them all out.

Where's the nearest sewage treatment plant upstream?

Not a sewage or farm induced incident. If it was it would have hit the other species also & more than likely they would have been hit harder.
Carp can handle what bass, pike & perch can't. Bullheads may be more tolerant.
My quess is fishin fool is closer to the answer.

I was out there last week and was a witness to that as well. It was terrible. Dont know what happened, couldnt see any in the water, but the shores were lined with dead carp, and birds having a feast!!!!!

I also called the Thames river authority about the dead carp in September they told me that the hot water temperature caused the problem

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks