Wife advice needed

I'm not complaining about the list what so ever! She never makes lists and this one should only take a week ? besides she usually wants to go fishing just as much as I do lol

Looks to me that there is only 2 jobs to finish. Hang the cloud and level the stove. The other 2 are only placements. Stack the trim in the hallway and put a roll of carpet downstairs ......... get the boat of quick ?‍♂️

That's a small list so smile. Make sure you hide the list so she can't add to it.

I have made it very clear that indoor project work falls within a defined 'season' in order to mesh with other important 'seasons'. The indoor project season at our house looks something like this:

Project Season is closed from the 3rd Saturday in March until the 2nd Saturday in November (dates are inclusive)
Project Season is open in between the above dates with the exceptions noted below:

1. Ice fishing trips take precedence over all interior work at the discretion of the project manager (me) without retribution from the client (wife)
2. Boat projects & repairs may carry over into November or begin as early as March 1st as necessary to ensure readiness
3. No indoor projects are to begin later than the 2nd Saturday in February & projects cannot extend into the closed season, ever, for any reason
4. All project planning is to be completed PRIOR to the start of the project. The project manager will not tolerate waiting around for 'final decisions', 'thinking about it', 're-thinking it', or any other flip flopping regarding colours, flooring, trim finishes, or other decorations. You pick it up at the store and it gets installed, end of story.

Smaller outdoor Summer projects are allowed but will be done as the wind and weather forecasts permit. Projects may not be completed in a continuous manner at the discretion of the fishing gods & mother nature.

We just had this discussion last night in fact regarding a long overdue bedroom renovation. I won the argument of course. It was a little cool eating out in the garage and the couch was a little lumpy but I survived.

1st Child due May 21.... Looks like this summer is going to be busy making different memories! I Hope that whoever it is shares our passion and shares our frustrations!
Cheers!

My wife gives me a "honey do" list every day and it sounds something like this, "Chores....do chores......clean the house.." but she's rarely specific, never writes it down, and every day ends with, "thank you for what you did today, what are you going to do for me tomorrow?" My answer is usually, NO, and NOTHING..... yet things get done around here.....according to my routine and my schedule. I've already given her notice that by the end of the month, fishing will be incorporated into my weekly routine and schedule. At least once a week from the end of April through to the end of September depending of course upon weather, money, and mood. She of course has denied that "request" to which I informed her the same as I did last year, "oh that wasn't a request, if the weather is good, if I have the money to go, and if I feel like going, I'm going."

My best work is done within 2 hrs. before she gets home. The 10 min. jobs take 40 min., 1 hr. jobs take half the day. Important to be consistent if doing same job next time. So far so good as long as I close this tab when finished or when she retires.

Now I feel like I need to say this. This was meant to be light hearted humour. Boats coming home when it's convenient
. @champ I had twins in September. So I'm with you. This summer is going to be very different from the past. I got 2 more hunters and fisher men the way I see it! Gunna be great when they get bigger

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks