Wierd day

Letsfish

Left the RP marina at 730. Gps would not work so we eyeballed it to the elbow. Got the gps to work and we were sooo close I was proud. Then we set 2 riggers stacked. One side at 40 one at 55 rrf on one bottom and a spoon above and Visa versa on the other. Half hour of trolling and nothin. Markin at 25 to 30. Went to adjust depths and found a fish on one. So we snapped all 4 and had a quadruple header??? Wow.....never seen 4 draggin before. Got 3 of the 4. Carried on to get 9 by 1130 and the switch went off. BUT...we nailed a beautiful hen rainbow. She dad a big ass eel on her. So the eel is dead now. She was feeding on gobbies too. Came back in to TP and it looked like someone raided my dock. So I backed out to see what happened. The lake went down over a foot in 6 hrs. That was insane. Top of the tunnel was a good 10" above the hang plank and now it is at least 4" below. Did they warn Quebec it was comin????Hmmhmmmmhmmm!20190830_113200.jpg

Left the RP marina at 730. Gps would not work so we eyeballed it to the elbow. Got the gps to work and we were sooo close I was proud. Then we set 2 riggers stacked. One side at 40 one at 55 rrf on one bottom and a spoon above and Visa versa on the other. Half hour of trolling and nothin. Markin at 25 to 30. Went to adjust depths and found a fish on one. So we snapped all 4 and had a quadruple header??? Wow.....never seen 4 draggin before. Got 3 of the 4. Carried on to get 9 by 1130 and the switch went off. BUT...we nailed a beautiful hen rainbow. She dad a big ass eel on her. So the eel is dead now. She was feeding on gobbies too. Came back in to TP and it looked like someone raided my dock. So I backed out to see what happened. The lake went down over a foot in 6 hrs. That was insane. Top of the tunnel was a good 10" above the hang plank and now it is at least 4" below. Did they warn Quebec it was comin????Hmmhmmmmhmmm!View attachment 17553
Pardon the spell check typos. Ggrrŕrr!

I couldn't believe how much the water dropped from 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.! At least a foot at Old Cut. Had to retie my lines to the dock so it wouldn't hit dock.

I couldn't believe how much the water dropped from 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.! At least a foot at Old Cut. Had to retie my lines to the dock so it wouldn't hit dock.
We came in from the elbow at about 2pm. Bad wsw pushing it out. Dover must have flooded the pier area again.

We were out at the Elbow as well from around 8-12:30. We too found ourselves dragging unannounced fish on our Dipsey rods. One was me wanting to change up an old faithful green and black Bomber that was working on the starboard side but the port side didn’t go off so I was going to change it up and voila, a nice Walleye was there. We had the starboard dipsey fire before we set all our lines. Then a few more on dipsey rods, then when another old faithful was not doing anything on 7 colours I changed to gold and black RRF and then four straight hits on that rod. Then the rigger finally went off with a NASCAR spoon with a nice Coho, We had the Coho cross some where we had to hand line the leadcore in the last 80 feet with one on part way into fighting the salmon. We pulled most lines at this point after another hit and regrouped and had a good laugh. Then back at it for more action. We ended up with 14 Walleye and one Coho. A good time and a lot of chaos at times when I told the other two “stop catching fish” as we probably lost at least 6 more in double headers and Walleye not wanting to come to the boat and acting like a trout a bit. Odd day but a good result.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks