Which would you Spool?

Thumperrr

I'm going to strip the mono off 1 of my line counters and am not sure which way to go....Super Braid or Lead Core...probably go with 30# test as it seems to work well on Erie,now I've never used lead core so that in itself will be a learning curve,and hopefully over the winter I'll have lots of time to read up on what worked so well for so many people fishing out of Port Burwell this year.I've got the riggers,I'll upgrade my side planers probably to the Church ones over the winter.I'm just plain curious what others think based on their past season on Erie.

lead core, no question. If a big enough spool/ reel, I would put some mono backing 20 lb. 100 ft. then 3 colour of lead joined with 30 ft. of mono then 7 colour lead, with 30 ft. of 20lb. flouro carbon leader . this way you can fish early in the season with 7 colour and later with all of the line out 10 colour.

Blastr

go lead core. that is the first rod to go out.i have mono backing then i have 10 color lead core then about 40 ft of of flouro leader. with the line counter on my reel i would let out 3 or 5 or what ever i wanted to use & check what my counter says & when you get hits you just repeat the # on your reel.if you pm me i can give you a more detailed idea of what to do to set-up. once you try lead core i doubt you will go back to mono. if you can i would rig another rod with braid for your dipsys.
les.

Thumperrr, you mentioned line counter. Since you don't need a counter for core I would put 30# braid on that real and watch the adds on various sites and pick up 1 or 2 Penn reels to put your lead core on. Even watch kijiji for one. I bought two 3 years ago for $30. Penns have the capacity and are very strong. Good luck.

Check this out.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=penn+309

Hmmmm I never thought of those Penn reels,thats a good idea....I see what you mean by e-bay geez that's a lot of 309,s for sale there.

Yup,lead core it is,I guess I'll strip the mono off the linecounter,get a 309,spool some of the mono on it for backing and put the lead on that,and just spool the 'counter with 30# spider,get some church side liners...then go shopping for those lures that were soooooo hot last summer.....thx folks for your insight....ok ok I'm up 1 more rod/reel combo lol does this ever end? tc Thump

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks