Where's the perch

Cards On Deck

Heading out tomorrow wondering which port (Bruce Or Burwell)would be best to hit some perch

Was down at Hastings area on Tuesday and moved around a lot as everyone else seemed to be. Caught at least a dozen silver bass and several in the 2lb range, whatever that means, 1/2 dozen sheephead as well. "The Pack" didnt seem to be doing much business. There were boats anchored out deeper, likely 53-55' as well and others spread out over 3-4 miles. Not the usual size or consistent bite and seemed to be a lot of shiners around based on what was coming out of the perch we pulled up. Pretty light bite and not real aggressive. Tugs were working around Sandhills and a couple miles east. Still enough for a couple of dinners and a good day on the water.

For what its worth commercial fishing is raping lake Erie . That's only my opinion along with climate change . Every where you go commercial boats , correct me if I am wrong .
Ontario should follow Quebec no commercial fishing .

Those of us that can't catch fish need those commercial boats out there. That way we can stop at the grocery store on the way home from the fishing trip. I am going to try out of Bruce in the morning. Looks like a nice day for it.

Back