Where to go for steelies or salmon?

BillO

Hi to all,
A buddy wants to go shore fishing for steelies or salmon. I am a boat guy for Lk Erie, but I thought, sure, I'll go too. Neither of us know where to head to. On the London news today, they showed guys west of Wasaga Beach on a rocky shore wetting their lines. Is there somewhere decent to go for a couple of newbies to that kind of fishing up to 2-3 hrs from London? No waders for either of us, and I have some walking limitations, so no mountain goat hikes on trails please.
Any suggestions for lures, baits, methods?
Many thanks,
Bill
London, Ont

BillO
London, Ont

From London, I'd try Bayfield off the pier. Grab a piece of ABS tube and some threaded rod and a couple of clamps and whip up a couple rod holders. Try Lambeth tackle for some roe or fetch some good dew worms. Egg sinkers and small egg hooks, lock your egg sinker about 12 to 18 inches from the hook with a small split shot and you're good to go.

Also try Port Albert off the beach by the river mouth. Don't do the river it will be nuts in there. Rivers are high and dirty so you could try chucking glow cleos or rattle type crankbaits off the piers.

Good luck and play safe
Rob

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks