Where are the walleye

bent rods

hello every one.

Fished Burwel last weekend straight out of port. We marked lots of bait and fish in 57-60 fow. We managed to catch one rainbow and sliver bass. No lucky with the walleye.

Any one having any luck?

Thanks bent rods.

I caught 3 pics and 3 rainbow wednesday..others are doin about the same...still lots of rainbows out there...everybody wants pics including me...lol

hey bent rods lots of fish in burwell there hard to catch but with so much smelt and other bait and fish being up high its tough. this is the toughest start to a season in burwell I have seen last weekend did ok we went 5 for 6 walleye and 1 for 2 bows Saturday then Sunday was reversed 5 for 8 on bows and 1 for 2 eyes your fishing to far out I have not fished deep all year and fished high I do not run downriggers getting most fish on hotlips and dips my deepest dipsey is back 60ft on 3 setting lots of rainbows this year we have cold water last week down 20ft was 60 degrees. lots of gill nets too I fish away from them I heard Jackson brothers out of Stanley got 3800lbs last week on one pull that's a lot of walleye. if theres bait fish you may not mark fish just fish. I have read reports of guys going to erieu hopeing for walleye they seeing the same thing lots of bait and good rainbow fishing I have friends there fishing every day get reports daily when those fish drop down deeper its going to be good and guys will say the fish are here now they have been here for a couple weeks now hate them when there up high calm water makes it even worse good luck out there everybody its going to be great fishing soon. scoopsfishing@yahoo.com "cheers"

the rainbows are not hard to catch at all...and there is no reason to have to pull the cumbersome hotlips or dipseys either...try copper spoons... riggers down 20ft or 3.5 to 4 colour leadcore

I was catchin rainbows up high over 2 weeks.. so the cold water theory is old news...lol.

I seen a picture of a 15 lb rainbow caught out of bruce this week along with countless others...

Do any of you guys remeber the Micheal Jackson body bait from th 80's. I would love to buy a new one. I have two that are really beat up!!

Do any of you guys remeber the Micheal Jackson body bait from th 80's. I would love to buy a new one. I have two that are really beat up!!

They don't make them anymore, They were a Ripplin Red Fin, Purple with silver fleck, I have a few left in my box.
Was a great Walleye catcher. For some reason it stays in my box and use worm harness. The old Blue Silver and the Gold Ripplin Red Fin used to work well.

I think you just have to find and put whatever in front of their face.
Everyone I've talked to have been catching on everything you name, if you can find them.

Ive only got about a total of two hours trolling this year and all three pics i caught were on that lure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks