Where are the pic's and bows???

midnight cowboy

Is anyone having any luck with pickeral/bows?
Hoping to get some fishing done over the next several days, weather hopefully settling down.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I would like to know approx. how long the wallys and the bows stick around for? Also; can we base it on just mothernatures call or is it temps or bait or what ? thanks walleyeman!

midnight cowboy... not near as many fish out there as in the last 2 weeks but there are still pockets of small schools around. I fished Port Bruce this morning but managed only 4 large pics and 2 bows and lost 2 all in 63 fow. I found large areas of no fish marked at all so when I found a small school I worked it through. All fish caught on 6 & 7 colour lead core using purple, gold/black and perch coloured body baits. Nothing off the riggers or spoons but silver and sheep.

I fished out of Port Bruce yesterday & landed 6 Eyes & 4 big silver bass, missed 2 bows & 4 Eyes. All were caught on 8 colour lead & rippling red fins. No sheep heads. All fish were caught 59 to 62 feet of water. Nothing off the riggers.

Hot trout action 20 miles ESE of port glasgow on tuesday Aug 27th. Yea 2 of us went out in our classic 14 footer on the Squall watch and warning to the west. We hooked 30 trout at least!!! we landed 16 rainbow & 1 coho & 1 eye and only a few junkfish! We ran our 4 lines and changed up until everything was firing. 10 colour lead core off inline planers and riggers down 45 and 55. Ripplin Redfins in watermelon original was the hottest, black&gold&orange, blue&silver&red. There were broken hooks and straighted out rings omg these trout were savage beasts and hit our baits with reckless vengence. I normally don't post my reports but this trip does go down in my history book.

Last edited:
Hate to tell you this mick but 20 miles east of Port Glasgow is Port Stanley. You would be much better off launching at Port Stanley than boating the 20 miles from Port Glasgow.

was going to say isn't that stanley? Maybe I will be hitting Stan if that post is correct...lol Is anyone getting success out of Stan? Looking for bows and Walts
Thanks in advance SB

Mick...good job on the catch and don't forget the bows are gearing up for the fall run and they will be beasts for sure...Will post on monday and good luck all

You two guys don't miss nothing. We started SE out in 65 FOW as the radar had shown rain to the west on erie that am. We also had 10 to 12 knots from the west midday. By the time we were done fishing the GPS put us at 20 plus miles ESE of Glasgow. We were way down there but I could not make out port stanley. It was the captains GPS so I can not elaborate how far down we were infront off? I will take an educated guess and say plum point. Anyway I corrected my post and adjusted my location to ESE.

We have had nothing but luck this year fishing out of erieau in 50-56 fow, lots of Lake Erie monster walleyes and bows... Even a few coho's... I caught my king in Glasgow as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks