Where are the Perch?

LuvPerch

This has been a poor year for perch. Anyone catching perch anywhere and/or are they at the bay yet? Thank you.

Haven't been to the pier to try for a while. But, I do most of my perch fishing early in the season.

Between May 11 and the end of the second week of July I caught 145 perch off the pier in Pt Bruce. From what most boats coming in were telling me during that time frame, and as seems to be the case and quite common over the past few years, I was having more luck off the pier, than they were finding perch out in the lake. (assuming they weren't telling me fish stories.)

However, after the second week of July, as I usually do, I was more interested in trying to get out with @tailfeathers to put some wallpickereleye/pickwallereyel into my belly/freezer.

I still haven't decided whether I'm going to try off the pier one more time closer to the end of the month or not. It'll depend on weather and how I feel. I might, but then again, I might just call it a season and go back into hibernation a little early again this year.

Normandale on Friday night kept 12 in a couple hours. Many boats were 20 feet deep but we found it better at 16 feet as less Gobies.
Went out again Saturday and three of us kept 16 in 6 hours. Very slow but better than its been for most of the year.
Stopped in 7 feet in front of Rowan and the small perch were hitting non stop Saturday afternoon. Feels like it's could be a good month but then I've been wishing that for quite some time now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks