Whats up with the minnows

moocow

Looking at the weather and of course thinking of perch fishing. At present i believe most bait suppliers on the inner bay are currently out.
Just wondering how does the minnow supply works ? Does each supplier go and net their own ? Or one source supplies others ? Is there a minnow shortage because they're scarce at this time of year ? Just curious ?

Likely not enough guys going for perch, so why even supply them
Yes that’s probably part of the reason, supply & demand. Lucky for me I have some salted minnies saved up, worms and plastics will do the rest of the damage… hopefully.
Freezer is perch bare, hopefully the fall perch fishing is as good as the past few years have been.
Cheers,

Looking at the weather and of course thinking of perch fishing. At present i believe most bait suppliers on the inner bay are currently out.
Just wondering how does the minnow supply works ? Does each supplier go and net their own ? Or one source supplies others ? Is there a minnow shortage because they're scarce at this time of year ? Just curious ?
It has been too windy to catch minnows. Even the suppliers have not been around.

@moocow i help Old Cut Livery catch
minnows. We tried very hard to get some yesterday, but with the wind conditions that we have been having has made it impossible.
We seen some but wasn’t enough to pull out the 100’ net.
After an Easterly wind it takes a good 24 hrs for everything to settle down. I’m sure we will be heading out tomorrow morning if the winds are in our favour.

Thanks Three buoys for the info. I knew someone out there would have the explanation. I take it some outfitters get their own and others get a bait supplier? Good luck tomorrow,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks