What's typical perch migration trend out of Bruce?

tex

Just wondering whats the yearly trend for Perch migration for the area around Port Bruce? Are the perch there basically local the entire year or do they move around the lake?

From posts and a few outings this year they seem to be in shallow earlier in the season (May/June ~20') then get deeper as the summer progress (July/Aug ~30-40). Will they move

I'm sure all this is weather dependent but is there a general trend?

Is there a time of year when they move out of the area - so no point for continuing the hunt?

Just wondering.

--------
tex

As far as I know the perch will seek colder water and a food source, so in june they'll be in as shallow as 10fow and as the weather and water warms up they'll move out to deeper water. I was out in 40-42fow last weekend marking all kinds of them!! Hope this helps and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Tex i will start fishing perch end of march to april and start looking for them in as 20 fow all the way too 45 fow all the way till oct. but if the ice would hold up i would try it in the winter.

will hunt for food

as far as pier squatting goes was down Aug 11 2011 and did OK

weather pattern went thru much like we have now--wind out of the west, slow to start, the more it blew the better the fishing got. You could feel the drop in temps from the bottom.

Was there Aug 08 and nothing---nice thing was nobody there first thing in the morning:D

could be wrong but i think you're really going to be scratching to do well that late this year

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

quote:
Originally posted by cudel

Tex i will start fishing perch end of march to april and start looking for them in as 20 fow all the way too 45 fow all the way till oct. but if the ice would hold up i would try it in the winter.

will hunt for food

Good news. So it sounds like the fish stay in the area (i.e. within boat range) throughout the season. I was a bit worried that they moved out (no idea where) at some point. I'm hoping to fish into the fall. So good news. About how far out is 45'.

1-2 km?

--------
tex

I'm a bit confused by some recent threads???

http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17233

Are we near the end on the main lake - Pt Bruce area?
I usually can only get out once a month and am hoping for a few more trips this year...

--------
tex

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks