What wind app is the best

Kooter

Looking to see what guys like and is the most accurate apps for waves and weather

This is what's on my phone.

wapps.jpg

I use the right side of the line more than the left.

And also use Gov marine forecast, and still trying to understand MAFOR Code. LOL

All wind apps use the same publicly available data except windalert (aka Sailflow, aka ikitesurf, aka Ifish, aka etc)
windalert installs their own privately owned sensors where ever they can find a willing host in popular areas.
I personally have installed the sensor at Micthell's Bay and Rondeau Bay. We are looking for willing hosts in the Kettle Point area... (preferably on the point) and also Port Stanley and east of Point Pelee
We attempted to install a sensor on the Port Stanley Pier but the town council voted it down as unnecessary.... Did I mention the weather stations are provided free? and the data is shared for free to local services that need the data such as fire and rescue... Apparently the council of Port Stanley does not think they need free accurate data... or they are just to lazy to make a real decision and stand by it. F'n politicians tick me off.

NOAA Buoys and sensors are in great spots... unfortunately they only report once and hour (if that) and they report the data 20-30 minutes late.... for example, the data collected from 12am to 1pm is reported at 1:20pm....
so if there was a significant change in weather after 12pm it would be reported at the earliest by 1:20pm
I don't know about you guys but to me, that data is almost useless. Windalert sensors report every 10 minutes and more frequently if there is significant change. It also sends alerts based on the thresholds you set... say you are out fishing in front of Port Glasgow, wouldn't it be nice to get an alert sent to your phone telling you the wind just jumped from 7knots to 15knots? Don't you think that would be useful info?

The other apps are just regurgitated fluff. They provide you with one model forecast based on the same grib data everyone uses. Windalert provides you with 4 models plus 2 pay models you get if you are a subscriber.

You can like what ever app you like, but Windalert is the only real player.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks