What to use now??

Helmut

Well now that the annual minnow shortage is in full swing what are you fellas using to catch pearch?

tried some gulp shiner minnows on weekend with no luck.

If you go to the mid 50s ft out of port bruce there are million of the little guys for like 3 miles just stop and have a look.

Well now that the annual minnow shortage is in full swing what are you fellas using to catch pearch?

tried some gulp shiner minnows on weekend with no luck.
you could try smelts by cutting them up---they seem to like the tail section of minnows in particular.

some people have even resorted to using raw peeled shrimp

If you go to the mid 50s ft out of port bruce there are million of the little guys for like 3 miles just stop and have a look.

Last week I was east of Burwell in 40 FOW and the surface was littered with shiners well. Seeing as I didn't have any minnows, I'm definitely going to be keeping the minnow net in the boat now.

I've used the gulp minnows on multiple occasions for summer and winter perch. I swear they put fish repellent in the bag...

No shiners no perch here on Erie in my opinion. Those bait fish everywhere yesterday looked too short and too fat to be emerald shiners. I'd say bass fry. Silver or Smallmouth.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks