What tarp for winter storage?

anonymoose

Hey all,

As a classic cheapskate, I tarp my boat for storage every winter rather than shrink wrapping. It works well but I wind up buying one of those silver TSC tarps every year or two. Is there anything that I can get a little more life out of that won't break the bank?

Cheers

You could try and find a good used trailer tarp used on flatbed trailers. Would definitely last long and can be patched if needed

I have a heavy tarp that came with my boat - previous owner had made. It is like a transport tarp, fitted with elastic cord all the way around. Will last forever if looked after. Probably cost 700 800 - but rugged, durable and will last as long as the boat. Worth the investment. Wind will not blow it, move it, rip it.

I have a heavy tarp that came with my boat - previous owner had made. It is like a transport tarp, fitted with elastic cord all the way around. Will last forever if looked after. Probably cost 700 800 - but rugged, durable and will last as long as the boat. Worth the investment. Wind will not blow it, move it, rip it.
I have the exact same thing, and it came with my boat too. The previous owner said it was made of the same material you see on transport trucks.

It's 20 years old now and badly worn. I've been protecting it with plastic tarps from CT too. But, it's high time I finally replace this one. The plastic tarps from CT get replaced every 2-3 years at best, which I think is wasteful.

I tried one from Bass Pro, it fits okay but is not waterproof as it says it is.

I made a few calls but couldn't find a company that could make the same thing.

I am guessing the same, $700-$900 which I would have to think twice about.

Hey all,

As a classic cheapskate, I tarp my boat for storage every winter rather than shrink wrapping. It works well but I wind up buying one of those silver TSC tarps every year or two. Is there anything that I can get a little more life out of that won't break the bank?

Cheers
I've been doing the exact same thing. A month ago I decided to get a boat cover from BassPro because they came on sale. They are okay, but definitely not waterproof/winterproof and I ended up returning it. I would rather use the same plastic tarps, at least I know they are waterproof and the snow slides off easily. Ideally, I wish I could find the company that made the cover that the previous owner had custom made from the same canvas material you see on trucks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks