What lures should I use on Erie for walleye

Hunny -Du

Just checking to see what I should be using . I have Greasy Chicken , monkey puke,ripplin red fin blue and silver and a bunch of lure jenson lures. I do not run lead core or planner boards. Taking my wife out and she is in dire straights for a walleye. Any help would be much appreciated

Depends on the time of day but Ripplin Redfins Blue/Chrome and Black/Chrome do great at times, other times Black/Gold. Change it up until you find what works.

I have, so I have been told, a rediculous amount of lures.

I think I have a decent selection of lures. 😁

This year I've migrated to and stuck with dipsys. They are putting fish into the boat reliably this year and years past.

For spoons, I've found one spoon that fires first and way more often than any other spoon in the boxes this year.

I can comfortably say it's put 90% + in the box somedays.

Every year it's been one thing that has become the standout on the boat.

Old reliables are putting fish in the boat but nothing like I want.

Basically, I've given up on body baits. RRFs aren't doing anything on the boat (for years) and yet you read others do extremely well with them.

I'm sure I fish right along side other people using a totally different method, and we're both putting fish in the boat.

Like others have said, be flexible, find what works behind your boat, it might/is likely not the same as
someone else's plan.

I know based on my reading, I am the odd ball out many times but my neighbor and I bring fish home every trip.

I always start with a variety of colours and then narrow it down when the fun starts.

Good luck.

I have, so I have been told, a rediculous amount of lures.

I think I have a decent selection of lures. 😁

This year I've migrated to and stuck with dipsys. They are putting fish into the boat reliably this year and years past.

For spoons, I've found one spoon that fires first and way more often than any other spoon in the boxes this year.

I can comfortably say it's put 90% + in the box somedays.

Every year it's been one thing that has become the standout on the boat.

Old reliables are putting fish in the boat but nothing like I want.

Basically, I've given up on body baits. RRFs aren't doing anything on the boat (for years) and yet you read others do extremely well with them.

I'm sure I fish right along side other people using a totally different method, and we're both putting fish in the boat.

Like others have said, be flexible, find what works behind your boat, it might/is likely not the same as
someone else's plan.

I know based on my reading, I am the odd ball out many times but my neighbor and I bring fish home every trip.

I always start with a variety of colours and then narrow it down when the fun starts.

Good luck.
RRF put 98% of fish in my boat this year
The other 2% split between husky jerk, and some other random body bait out of my buddy’s dads tackle box. don’t think a spoon has caught me anything this year. Maybe one fish

So true,what works for one person may not work for another,as others have said,try different things until you find that method that works for you.You need a wide variety of lures in your tackle box/boxes.

Sometimes I believe my confidence in a bait makes it best because I use it more often, therfore it catches more often. Then I have years like last year when RRF was hot for me and my Dad. He loved RRF's and I never got it, I was a spoon guy. Now I own ever colour of RRF! This year has been a mixed bag for us, no real stand out lures. I chalk that up to not enough time on the water.

If you take 1 thing away from this site, its that you can never have too many lures.....

Ben

Sometimes I believe my confidence in a bait makes it best because I use it more often, therfore it catches more often. Then I have years like last year when RRF was hot for me and my Dad. He loved RRF's and I never got it, I was a spoon guy. Now I own ever colour of RRF! This year has been a mixed bag for us, no real stand out lures. I chalk that up to not enough time on the water.

If you take 1 thing away from this site, its that you can never have too many lures.....

Ben
More lures , need bigger boat , bigger boat , needs more lure ..... and on and on .... 😆

It's part of fishing fun..collect good lures and sort them, show off to other fishermen, I generally buy ones I like or have heard are good..when I have a good day with a particular lure I'll buy 2 or 3more of the same..that way you can run multiple spoons for more action..

Back