What length mono leader lead core

Ahh I should've know haha
All kidding aside many us believe it's less visible than mono because they tell us it is. I really can't say for positive I believe that because I always caught them just the same on mono leaders long before this so called invisible stuff showed up. However, I always use the floro just because it cost more and comes in a prettier package. I mean Seaguar Invizx what sounds tougher than that! :cool: ??

All kidding aside many us believe it's less visible than mono because they tell us it is. I really can't say for positive I believe that because I always caught them just the same on mono leaders long before this so called invisible stuff showed up. However, I always use the floro just because it cost more and comes in a prettier package. I mean Seaguar Invizx what sounds tougher than that! :cool: ??
I had lost a few big fish last season out of Burwell last year running mono,and wondered if it was cuz I was using mono leaders. Probably had more to do with my drag not set than what the leader was....

I had lost a few big fish last season out of Burwell last year running mono,and wondered if it was cuz I was using mono leaders. Probably had more to do with my drag not set than what the leader was....
What pound mono? If you're breaking 15-20 lb. mono you definitely have the drag too tight. When I set the drag it's until the line doesn't pull out on it's own then turn a little bit tighter. It will set the hook fine but still allow a big bow to pull drag without tearing it's mouth or breaking the line. Once the fish is on then adjust drag tension as needed for size of fish. The small walleye won't break the line regardless but bows or salmon are different story. Hope that's a help. ?

What pound mono? If you're breaking 15-20 lb. mono you definitely have the drag too tight. When I set the drag it's until the line doesn't pull out on it's own then turn a little bit tighter. It will set the hook fine but still allow a big bow to pull drag without tearing it's mouth or breaking the line. Once the fish is on then adjust drag tension as needed for size of fish. The small walleye won't break the line regardless but bows or salmon are different story. Hope that's a help. ?
Good info, thanks...I had been using 12 lb mono, caught a lot with it...have switched out all my leaders with 20 lb mono now for this season.

I run floro leaders and check them regularly for nicks/abrasion by running the final few feet through my lips and tongue.

They are far more sensitive than calloused fingers.

I run floro leaders and check them regularly for nicks/abrasion by running the final few feet through my lips and tongue.

They are far more sensitive than calloused fingers.
Hmmm I'm afraid to comment on that
But I'm eagerly waiting to read some of the responds ??

I start at 50' with 20 lb and retie at 15'. I want the knot on the reel not in the guides when landing a fish. I put about a 200' of flouro on top of my braid reels. You could catch pics any rig now. So use what you like.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks