What is your ice breaker?

Bucketsoff

I am no river rat, and have no love for the ice, so fishing shuts down for me until ice out.
What is the first fishing foray that you look forward to in the spring? For me it's ice out pre spawn crappie and bluegills, followed with a couple of pre spawn pike trips, then right into spring cats.
What do you dream about as the winter doldrums drag on?

"Hey, how ya doin' ?", generally works for me. :LOL:
For me it would be cats on the Grand usually early - mid April.

Organizing my tackle and buying new tackle without the wife knowing. And waiting for that day when it's ice out for pike which also means hydro gets turned back on at the trailer park

Indeed Yakfisherman, The spoons from the yak for pike after ice out is a fantastic adventure. Look forward to it every year, more so this year as the ice fishing has been slim to nil.

Back in the day it was pike spearing now it's brooks brooks browns. That being said I made two trips out on ice, and may take a canoe out soon . Perch and pike.

Specks in Bancroft our yealy trip with family.The specks are growing up over the years we been going makes it interesting.CHEERS

The last few years is a boat test on the Grand and catch a few cats in early May. We could not keep them off the line last year, nothing big but fun, wow. Trolling a June Bug and no meat of all things.

I did see a lady fight a 25 pounder right in front of the restaurant last year. Right at the NO WAKE zone @HTHM. I'll be trying there first this spring. @Fishmaster and Chuck his pal did a show right there last year and started getting bigger fish. Biggest I have ever seen on the river, ever. Then to Pt Bruce for perch. Too early the last 2 years. Were as in 13' we couldn't keep them Jumbos off the line in May early June. Water temps were lower last year for sure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks