What do you think

preacher

This may have been suggested before I don't know but what does everyone think about having a patch, sticker or hat made up with the Channel 6-8 or Stomps Long Point logo made up. If it was done maybe all proceeds (after expenses) could go to a charity or a local fishing organization. What gave me the idea was I was fishing a local trib on my way home from work and talked to a few other fellas there and thought if there was something to identify the members of this forum there may be more stream side chatter than the usual, getting anything, or you should have been here yesterday. Just throwing this out for discussion, pros and cons to the idea anyone? What do you think???

I think there should be a secret handshake.

You never know though who is a member here that you know outside the cyber world. A neighbour down the lane I see with his wife walking their dog has finally confessed he knows who I am here. Great, now I have to tell the truth.

Good idea though. To be totally honest I probably wouldn't wear one being the fashion guru that I am. I would gladly put a nice sticker on my boat and truck, for sure. Also it's a bit tough identifying a logo when in the boat. If I can read a logo on a hat or shirt I think I'm way to close to the other boat or visa versa.

My vote goes to a nice decal.

"I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

It's a nice idea @preacher. How 'bout those interested in a get together meet at the annual Fish-a-thon For A Cure and make a donation to that event while there. I've been meaning to contribute to the good that those guys do each year. I'll be the butt-ugly guy wearing the butt-ugly camo (or pink - haven't decided yet) slippers.

"I don’t want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

It's a nice idea @preacher. How 'bout those interested in a get together meet at the annual Fish-a-thon For A Cure and make a donation to that event while there. I've been meaning to contribute to the good that those guys do each year. I'll be the butt-ugly guy wearing the butt-ugly camo (or pink - haven't decided yet) slippers.
I'll be the fellow flipping burgers.

i think daves got it right if we all just wear crocs fishing this will be an instant secret handshake of sorts, i really think dave likes crocs. tooo funny

i think decal could be cool for boats and cars and the proceeds go to fishathon, not familar with the charity but if theres some one here that is involved let me know i have 35 years cooking and large qauntity cooking ( jail time in the kitchen :geek: JK) and will definetly help out if i am in the country. i work 6 weeks on 6 weeks off.

Pink for you @stomp ! I have seen your ballet style of fishing:rolleyes:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks