What are your top 3 favourite fish to target?

Two reasons, one is the scenery sucks. Its a big flat fishbowl with plenty of traffic and doesn't appeal to my lust for seclusion and separation from every day life. I'd much rather float down a quiet river or explore a quiet, scenic lake.

Second is the fact that it isnt exactly a challenging fishery. Sure the ease of putting a 50 in the boat is appealing, particularly when your newer to the game but I've been there and done that. There's far more enjoyable fisheries available. It's comparable to fishing a stocked pond for trout IMO....Not to say that I don't go for a St Clair fix on occasion, but its at the bottom of my list despite being so close.

Josh
The traffic kinda puts me off too. Its like lake o tribs for steelhead. Probably more there but I can't be asked with all the people

Give me a small ultra light rod with 2 lb. test, slip float, and a 12" Crappie, gives me the same pleasure as a 15 lb. Chinook salmon.
Some here will agree (y) :D
Pan Fish rule when you sit down having a plate of fresh fried Perch and look for the smaller pieces. (y) (y) :D
Does that mean Small Rules :D :D

Walleye
Perch
A Tiny Brook Trout fried in butter or Bacon Grease. MMMMMM

I concur on the crappies sir!!
Give me a small ultra light rod with 2 lb. test, slip float, and a 12" Crappie, gives me the same pleasure as a 15 lb. Chinook salmon.
Some here will agree (y) :D
Pan Fish rule when you sit down having a plate of fresh fried Perch and look for the smaller pieces. (y) (y) :D
Does that mean Small Rules :D :D

Walleye
Perch
A Tiny Brook Trout fried in butter or Bacon Grease. MMMMMM

Walleye is my favourite
Algonquin small mouth for breakfast, or smallies from anywhere
perch

Walleye, discovered trolling Erie for them this year
Trout, and and all species
Perch/Bass/Pike/Pan fish.

3 most hated
Sheep head
Goby
Gizzard shad

Not in any order, hate all 3....

Walleye, discovered trolling Erie for them this year
Trout, and and all species
Perch/Bass/Pike/Pan fish.

3 most hated
Sheep head
Goby
Gizzard shad

Not in any order, hate all 3....
Hmmmm didn't know we could put our 3 most hated fish on here !!!

1. Sheepshead
2. Rock bass
3.pumpkinseed

disappointing fish are as follows

1. Sheepshead
2. Sheepshead
3. Sheepshead

Goby doesn’t make this list because I get to smash them and toss to the seagulls 👍

1back in the day Lake Erie spring Salmon june/july then the lighthouse & wheatley big trout boom

2 and back in the day blue water Lake Huron spring salmon boom & spring Owen sound...huron trib fall bows..

3back in the day northern ontario june july pickerel..May ice out specs & lakers spring fed lakes..all delicious..

Channel cats from the kayak, largemouth on topwaters from the kayak and perch from the kayak or through the ice. TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks