What are they spraying off of Port Bruce ?

They were spraying again this morning off of Bruce directly over us. My buddy said "I hope that isn't Agent Orange coming out of those wing tubes". :smuggrin:

I am wondering how well they cleaned their tanks before all this. I know you were out there today whitetailhunter as was I , and we saw him flying around spraying. Did you happen to notice the millions of small oil sheen spots on the water ?? I did and am glad I had my top up!!:eek::eek: Anyway it was a good day on the water before the fog rolled in!!

I am wondering how well they cleaned their tanks before all this. I know you were out there today whitetailhunter as was I , and we saw him flying around spraying. Did you happen to notice the millions of small oil sheen spots on the water ?? I did and am glad I had my top up!!:eek::eek: Anyway it was a good day on the water before the fog rolled in!!

Actually no I didn't notice oil sheen spots on the water, that's not good. Glad I had my top up too. :yuck:

They made at least 4 passes overhead. Didn't see any slick on the water. Fog, man that was wild. Thank goodness for GPS, we looked around and realized we were the last to leave. WTH was invisible after a few hundred meters. When we came into the mouth of the creek 2 larger boats and water rockets were heading out. I said they aren't going far, 2 minutes latter back they came.

So they spray for 2 days and it's the worst fog I've ever seen come in like gravy not soup that fast, and I mean fast, then disappear almost as fast. And I have lived right on the lake for 20 years. Coincidence? You be the judge.

thanks for the info - i thought I noticed little oil bubbles on the water too - or something like that - but dismissed it as my imagination. They're doing an awful lot of calibration if you ask me. And who the heck are they training, the entire Canadian air force (all 6 of them ?)

Man my skin is itchy tonight. Another coincidence? Wife says I need to get off the internet and take a shower, I smell like fish.

humandusting.jpg

image.jpg

I tried to take a pic with my little Nikon and when I looked at them the plane was mysteriously not seen. Cloaking device?
Actually it doesn't have through the lens capabilities and I couldn't see what I was shooting with the sun on the screen. Maybe I caught it and because of the planes stealth capabilities it didn't show.

WTP if you "smell like fish" you must have done okay on the perch. How many did you get?

We did get 5 pounds of nice fillets. A great start. Maybe more if the fog didn't roll in. Don't want to steal this thread but I can tell you they wanted the smallest minnows, the gobies took any size. Stay with the small ones and maybe the gobies will stat away. Never have I seen such large fat gobies. 2 were jet black, have never seen that either. Strange stuff out west on that lake, really strange indeed.

Reminding everyone, kill them before you dump them over the side. Squeeze behind the head hard until you hear the spine snap. Or put them in a bag and dump them on shore.

All joking aside I worked closely with the MOE over the years, I went into work mode and reported this to them moments ago as an environment incident report even though I personally didn't notice anything in the water. If they find anything Brad Armstrong of the ministry office promised to let me know what their investigation finds if anything.

If you see activity on land or substance as well on land, near, on or in the water that isn't normally seen, report it to the MOE office at 1-800-268-6060. Talk to Brad Armstrong as he has the background re: this spraying thing. It took me 2 days for this to kick in as I have been out of the loop for a few years.

It may be as simple as training for crop dusting and spraying water. If that's so they didn't clean their chemical holding tanks out to the extent that nothing but water is dumped. This sheen on the surface observed by more than 1 fisherman would indicate more than water was dumped in the lake. That is serious. We have a duty to protect our fishery and the environment we all share. I have worked with ministry closely over the years at the plant and can tell you they don't mess around. Most of their inspectors are retired RCMP, CSIS and law enforcement guys. They have more power than our normal law enforcement agencies. Can walk into your home without a warrant. If I get someone in sh^t, too bad. Why were they spraying above us in the first place?, not enough area out there without boats under them, that's what finally ticked me off. Did we get any (pesticides) on us?

If I hear from them I'll report back.

I wouldn't be surprised to read about this in the newspaper in the near future.

Sorry @BruceGraham, but these guys are non compliant with the MOE act unless they were given the OK from them I'm told. Don't want to get a humble working man in crap, but, as a former business owner we all, no matter how big or small, need to play with the same rules.

Ask him why they needed to spray right on top of us? I know they will say they didn't, but they did.

I tried to take a pic with my little Nikon and when I looked at them the plane was mysteriously not seen. Cloaking device?
Actually it doesn't have through the lens capabilities and I couldn't see what I was shooting with the sun on the screen. Maybe I caught it and because of the planes stealth capabilities it didn't show.
:troll: I'm now sure you've been exposed to something @WhatsthePoint:wacky:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks