Off Topic What a rip

Hi @bkerr you got my attention on using ram mounts for your ATV..I have a handheld newer model garmin gps mounted to the handlebar on my quad with a garmin accessory mount...and it locks it with pins...well it doesn't work for rugged quad runnin...I have had to use elastic bands and duc tape to fix it so its not flopping around...

are ram mounts available to fix a garmin handheld gps solid to an ATV handlebar..anymore info would be appreciated...
ya the gps on the quad is great exploring new northern hunting country..i always have a compass to..and use trail tape where needed..

Last edited:
@bkerr i was under the impression that customer service at ram mount was excellent, was. When I called them after finding out the additional import duties etc. I was told”simply refuse delivery it will be returned to us and you will receive a full refund”. But what about delivery charges I say? Oh we absorb that cost they say. So I refuse delivery and receive 100% refund. Yes they say. Sounds clear right? Got a email from their customer service manager yesterday I need to pay delivery costs. Called them up and spoke again to customer service. Oh sir there must be a mistake we cover that but let me transfer you to the manager. Guess who is paying for delivery

Hi @bkerr you got my attention on using ram mounts for your ATV..I have a handheld newer model garmin gps mounted to the handlebar on my quad with a garmin accessory mount...and it locks it with pins...well it doesn't work for rugged quad runnin...I have had to use elastic bands and duc tape to fix it so its not flopping around...

are ram mounts available to fix a garmin handheld gps solid to an ATV handlebar..anymore info would be appreciated...
ya the gps on the quad is great exploring new northern hunting country..i always have a compass to..and use trail tape where needed..

I have an older Lowrance iFinder and Ram made a model specific holder for it. Only way to move it or lose it would be by rolling the ATV I suspect. Bought it at Angling Outfitters 10+ years ago. I put a bar mounted RAM ball on the handle bar to mount it on. A quick turn of the knob, and off it comes for storage or into my pocket or backpack.
I think you can check the RAM website for model specific holders which can be ordered by retailer. If you order them directly from RAM you might run into the same issues with brokerage and freight as noted by richardscott999

I learned the hard way long ago. Now i ask before buying and refuse the purchase if the seller insists on using UPS. Some stores who list UPS as their delivery service will send the package USPS if you call or email. Most already know about the insane brokerage fees and will happily send USPS.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks