What a day on the Bay

Walleye

Hi all.
Short and sweet.

Number one and I picked up two scoops of Jimmy's finest. We are fishing at my favourite spot 3/4 mile west of EC-10. 13:00 hours. The anchor holds and within minutes we have two Jumbos. The bite comes and goes and is very lite. The wind picks up and the bobber is losing fish because I can't detect the bite. Wow. The dead stick is working but we can't feel the bite. We just pick our rods up every few minutes to see if there is weight. From 13:00 til 14:00 we keep 10. We threw back about 20. The bite dies and we move to the Old Cut spot in 3 to 3.5 feet of water at 15:00. Dead sticking now and the bite is hot. WE as in me can't keep up and number one is now splitting the minnows in half for me to use. Number one is not happy but she says she is. The bite dies at 16:00 and we go in at about 16:15.

We kept 32 fish and the smallest was 7.5 inches. I gut hooked it and had to keep it. We had 8 fish at 12 inches, 12 fish at 11 inches, 8 at 10.5 and the little guy. I cannot say how many we released but it was a pile.

LPB just keeps amazing me. It's the fishery, not me.

Cheers, Clark

Congratulations on the catching. We were out yesterday as well. Amazing weather and the fish were biting and they also quit around the same time. Lots of jumbos. We only moved locations twice. Really like the renovations Jimmy did at Rotten Ronnies store and picked up two of his new Shimano fishing shirts and some other cool products. Looking forward to the store getting the Moonshine trolling spoons. Almost forgot how much fun it is at Long Point!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks