Off Topic What’s in your boat toolbox?

A set of jumper cables is a must imho. I rescued a guy who had a dead battery with them once. he was in front of the Sandhills at like 5 pm one day. I think I was the only other boat out there it seemed. He called on the radio and I was the only boat that showed up

A set of jumper cables is a must imho. I rescued a guy who had a dead battery with them once. he was in front of the Sandhills at like 5 pm one day. I think I was the only other boat out there it seemed. He called on the radio and I was the only boat that showed up
Good point. I boosted a guy at a ramp once, but had to run to the van for cables. He was trying to get a project boat out for the first run and was cranking a lot and ran it down.

I know some carry those battery booster packs.

No point having stuff if you can't find it when needed.

Don't look in my garage. LOL it will scare you, but I can tell you if I have something and exactly where it is.

Most times. 😔 🌻
Most times I can't anything I'm looking for. Usually, only stuff I couldn't find last time I was looking for and couldn't find it. LOL!

I use the battery packs too, lithium battery that never seems to run down. Supposed to be able to start 50 tractor trailer diesels certainly more than I need. It has worked many times for neighbours with electrical issues. The built in light and all the ports to charge or power a bunch of other equipment are nice to use. Not cheap as I got the large capacity one, they actually are smaller to store than booster cables and of course you don't have to pull your truck up to anyone and try to reach the others battery. Highly recommended for the piece of mind.

I use the battery packs too, lithium battery that never seems to run down. Supposed to be able to start 50 tractor trailer diesels certainly more than I need. It has worked many times for neighbours with electrical issues. The built in light and all the ports to charge or power a bunch of other equipment are nice to use. Not cheap as I got the large capacity one, they actually are smaller to store than booster cables and of course you don't have to pull your truck up to anyone and try to reach the others battery. Highly recommended for the piece of mind.
The last time I considered this topic was probably 20 years ago for farm use. Long heavy copper cables were the only way, and I still love them. When you clip the last one on you hear the idle speed drop and fire it up.

But man those boosters have changed! I just looked at Can tire and they’re tiny and loaded with good features. Will be watching for them to go on sale!

The last time I considered this topic was probably 20 years ago for farm use. Long heavy copper cables were the only way, and I still love them. When you clip the last one on you hear the idle speed drop and fire it up.

But man those boosters have changed! I just looked at Can tire and they’re tiny and loaded with good features. Will be watching for them to go on sale!
with todays electronics in vehicles I believe this is a safer way to boost an engine without arcing and damaging either vehicles electrical system. With the booster I have you connect it up and then turn it on so there is no arching or strain on your vehicles alternator. If your boat won't start you just clip it on to the terminals while in the water at the dock and don't have to pull boat back out. I keep it in my boat all the time while on the water.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks